What does the rev -1 error mean when using WAD Manager?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by SuperSlash, Jun 21, 2012.

1. SuperSlash
    OP

Newcomer SuperSlash Newbie

United States
    So I've been trying to install a certain WAD, and I can't even get to the WAD because when I choose the storage device (SD card), it gives me the "ret -1" error. I used to be able to install them just fine; in fact, I remember doing it just a few months back (September-ish?). Now however, it won't let me.

Back in September I was messing around with the IOSes and stuff to try and get NeoGamma to play Wii and Gamecube games. I succeeded, and haven't messed with anything since then. I'm guessing that's why the error is popping up. My Wii hasn't been updated in about a year, and I'm afraid to try in fear of it bricking. What does this error mean, and is it fixable without messing with IOSes and/or updating the system? I'd rather avoid doing either one just in case.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize this was the wrong forum, and after doing some more searching, I found out that the problem could be the SD card. I'll try a different card and see what happens.

2. AbdallahTerro

Member AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Lebanon
    My guess is you updated cios 249.
    You can try other cios to install your wads 236 is usually the best. Install it using ios 236 installer.
    If you get problems, just post a syscheck