Hacking What does REBUG do?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
yes, you can do the QA Flag option once in CFW.

1) First, you need to install the official firmware 4.82 (and only 4.82 !).
2) patch your NAND or NOR (depends your console's chipset version)
3) Once it's patched, you can install a CFW 4.82 (not lower).
4) Once you are on CFW 4.82, you are free to downgrade to another CFW version or keep the one you installed.
if you want to downgrade :
install the standalone QA Flag program, and launch it to "toggle" and enable that option (it's allows you to downgrade, among other things it unlocks). Once back on XMB after launching qatoggle, shutdown and reboot the console. Then install another CFW from any version.
If I have webman installed on Ferrox how do I remove it as rebug already has it built in.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
either use the XMB built in menu (triangle -> uninstall ?). I never tested. probably cleaner.
or ftp to remove it, you need to know the GameID (or find it based on its size on content). this might not be a clean uninstall.

edit :
ah, webman, sorry.
I thought multiman.
I never used webman, you probably have to disable its menu integration plugin first. I don't know how to do that.
wait for someone else to help you.

though, I don't know if you need to remove it first. it might just overwrite it.

Last edited by Cyan,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
either use the XMB built in menu (triangle -> uninstall ?). I never tested. probably cleaner.
or ftp to remove it, you need to know the GameID (or find it based on its size on content). this might not be a clean uninstall.

edit :
ah, webman, sorry.
I thought multiman.
I never used webman, you probably have to disable its menu integration plugin first. I don't know how to do that.
wait for someone else to help you.

though, I don't know if you need to remove it first. it might just overwrite it.
I heard using the integrated one on rebug is better and need to remove the manual install one.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the plugin file and the entry you made in the config file. Sorry been forever since I've manually added a plugin can't remember the name of the file. Then it's removed and rebugs integrated one can then be activated via the rebug toolbox which can be installed via the package installer. (No need to download it the pkg will already be in the PS3 system folder.)

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Delete the plugin file and the entry you made in the config file. Sorry been forever since I've manually added a plugin can't remember the name of the file. Then it's removed and rebugs integrated one can then be activated via the rebut toolbox which can be installed via the package installer. (No need to download it the pkg will already be in the PS3 system folder.)
So I delete 2 things? Plugin and Config.

I never used a config file, I just manually installed webman and thats it.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you need a way to delete the file try multiman or via ftp. You can edit the config file via ftp too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No don't delete the configuration file just the webman entry you made to it while installing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OK the configuration file is boot-plugins.txt just remove the webman entry from it and delete the sprx file.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone kindly clarify the exact steps, ive made the same mistake regarding webman

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The exact step. Remove the .sprx file you installed. Then delete the webman entry you made in the boot-plugins.txt file. Basically do things backwards of how you installed it.

Reactions: democracy

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, I see it's working the same way than PSP.
there's a txt file with a list of paths to the plugins to load on boot.

So, you edit that file to add/delete the entry to be loaded at boot
and you add/delete the corresponding sprx file from your system.
both steps using ftp to access the files.

That make sense :)
Thank you.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes cobra's PS3 software being released open source to the PS3 scene was a great thing. Used to be we needed there dongle to use cobra features. However they decided they made there money off the dongles and (and sales had all but stopped) so they gave there code to the open source community for all to use for free. People may not like dongle companies and such but they definitely earned my respect with that move.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1