Gaming What do you think?

hundshamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys and gals, I just finished my first case mod. Let me know what you think.

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

hundshamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Edgedancer - I did it all by myself. Nothing was ordered. I used a dremel on the actual 360's case and came up with the design for the plexiglass on my own. I bought the lights and resistors separately at Radio Shack and soldered them together and installed them personally as well.

MgARBITER

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Could u list a "shopping" list and price guide? Wouldn't mind creating my own case mod. I was thinking a ME2 case mod. lol love that game.

hundshamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MgARBITER - I can tell you what I got but since I bought all my supplies local there may be changes in the pricing. Another difficult thing is different lights have different voltages so the resistors you need for green lights may differ from ones you need for red lights. In this mod I got a 12" x 24" peice of plexiglass (cut down of course) from Home Depot for about $7 USD. I got the "frosting spray" from Micheals for about $8 USD. A Dremel will vary in price depending on the model and tips you get. This mod has 20 green lights (14 for the side of the 360 and 6 in the HDD) at Radio Shack for about $15 USD. I also got my resitors from there for $1 USD for a five pack. For this mod I bought 2 packs of 100ohm 1/8th watt resistors, a pack of 220ohm 1/4 watt, and a pack of 330 1/2 watt resistors. Now I recommend better wire than I used but appearently speaker wire works.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
on an alternate note, if you did ,or if someone in the future plans too, how do you/would you spray paint the front cover... and leave the light ring?

hundshamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You separate the pieces very carefully and hot glue them back together. However, this case is white. For some reason when I take a picture of something bright the camera's filters play funny tricks with me.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hundshamer said:
You separate the pieces very carefully and hot glue them back together. However, this case is white. For some reason when I take a picture of something bright the camera's filters play funny tricks with me.
Ahh. Good to know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1