What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by andy249901, Jan 17, 2011.

?

Ban or Second Chance

1. Ban

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Second Chance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Let it be

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jan 17, 2011

What do you guys think? by andy249901 at 9:50 PM (1,128 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. andy249901
    OP

Member andy249901 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Since today, a CFW with backup support was released do you think sony is going to ban everyone? Let it be free like the wii, or still let everybody have the chance to go "legit" like always?
    i dunno they cant make a firmware update whenever someone cracks their newest firmware.

2. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    At this point? Sony is out for blood. Bans are the only logical answer.

3. synce

Member synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

United States
    Just look at them trying to sue everyone! It should give you a clue on what's in store [​IMG] Not that it matters to me, I'd rather be playing NES on my PS3 than going online.

4. vame536

Newcomer vame536 Member

United Kingdom
    I wouldn't be surprised if everyone at Sony is now learning Karate. You get caught with a CFW, they come around and you get Karate done on you.

Or maybe they will ban the accounts of people caught breaking the rules.

Yup, the 2nd one.

5. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    The way things are going, playing online may not be a viable option anymore with all the hackers. But yes, I'd rather be playing Super Mario Allstars on my brand new shiny SNES emulator.

6. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Whilst their lawyers are struggling to get jurisdiction to prosecute in California, the rest of Sony should be working on fixing the security. It's difficult at this point, but it can be done. They're probably not going to start banning everybody running CFW just yet though.

Misinformation. They're only trying to sue Hotz and Fail0verflow, who released sensitive information to the internet (namely, the PS3's crappy security, and the private key). You don't see them trying to sue Waninkoko or the others that've released CFW.

The biggest concern (from my point of view) is the game devs. When they publicly admit they can't do anything about the hackers plaguing the games, that's gotta hurt Sony's reputation the most.