What do you guys recommend?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Hiroshi21, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Hiroshi21
    OP

Hiroshi21 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2003
    United States
    USA
    I won't lie, I want to buy a flash card for playing DS backups, and if I do, this'll be the FOURTH Nintendo DS I've bought.. I've lost interest in it because I couldn't run homebrew and backups and I didn't have the money and resources to keep up with the latest thing. So my question is, what would be the best kit to get? I was eyeing this particular one, but my question is, will it do what I want it to do? I also apologizing if I'm breaking any rules here.

2. Swip

Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 29, 2008
    Use google and the search function for research, there are PLENTY of topics similar to this already.

3. IOwnAndPwnU

IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2008
    Canada
    Check out reviews on GBAtemp. They're pretty good.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=99

If you want the best flashcart and don't care about the price: CycloDS Evolution
    If you want the best flashcart but do care about the price: Acekard 2
    If you want a flashcart with onboard NAND memory and if you plan on developing: Acekard R.P.G.
    If you want a flashcart that also offers a Slot-2 (not for free though): EZFlash V & M3DS Real
    If you want a Slot-2 expansion: EZFlash 3-in-1 (GBA, RAM, & Rumble)
    If you want an alternative to the CycloDS Evolution but cheaper and a crappy GUI: SuperCard DS One
    If you want a flashcart that could possible brick your Nintendo DS: R4 DS, R4 III & N5

4. Ferrariman

Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Dec 9, 2007
    Canada
    Canader.
    I recommend the search button

5. Seven

Seven oh hell no

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    I recommend this.

Also: stay the fuck away from R4s and the like. This is all you need to know.

6. Hiroshi21
    OP

Hiroshi21 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2003
    United States
    USA
    Thanks, I decided to go with the CycloDS. [​IMG]

7. Sailor

Sailor GBAtemp Fan

Oct 11, 2007
    United States
    New Jersey
    What the hell? :\
    I own a R4 that I bought like last year...is that a problem? Should I change to a different flash cart in fear of getting bricked?

8. Slowking

Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 31, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Nah. It's just that pretty much every R4 you get today is a clone and those are badly build a lot of the time, thus some can brick your DS.

9. Sailor

Sailor GBAtemp Fan

Oct 11, 2007
    United States
    New Jersey
    Oh, okie ^__^ Had me worried there for a second, lol. Shame though what happened to the R4 :\ Guess you can't be #1 forever.