Hacking What did I do wrong?

photopro152

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i followed the guide on this website as well as here I am able to get into USB Loader GX, ULoader, and NeoGamma fine, see my games fine but the only game that will work is Super Mario Galaxy 2 which I ripped from a CD. Both SSBB and Zelda:TP wont run SSBB gives warnings and loads and stops on a white screen with wiimote still connected to the wii, and TP just goes black immediately after loading in all loaders and wiimote loses connection to the Wii. I believe I have cIOSX rev 19 and cIOS 222 rev 5. I haven't had any problems other than the playback of games from a USB device. (yes mine is said to be compatible.( WD mybook 2tb essential.) Please does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Beats

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't expect a fucking response that soon.

I'd wait a day to get a good response.

Also, that is called double-posting.
tongue.gif

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried Configurable USB Loader.

What format is your HDD? FAT32, NTFS, WBFS

Have u tried ripping some basic games and see if they are ok, maybe your others are downloaded, and bad??

photopro152

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying Config USBL at the moment with better results than before. I was able to get TP to start and have the wiimote stay connected when running with 222/223 but still only a black screen. I had IOS reload block on. Is that good or bad? Same thing with SSBB I got the white screen, hit power once and got a black.. still.. farther from before. I am about to try 223 with SSBB.

as far as bad rips go, this is the second TP I got so unless both(one was PAL one was NTSC) are bad(possible) it isn't that. I only have one SSBB though.. I mat re-try getting cIOS 236.. under GAF

my hard drive WFBS formatted from fat32

-->C.S.I. Do the kids who download games not get to use USB Loaders?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you have wii sports or wii play to rip and try, some of Nintys basic (and small) games.

Give them a go.

USB loading in the main is pretty much idiot proof, very few games will give you problems.

Maybe your IOS's are corrupt, dunno.

You didnt answer my other question, what format is the HDD ?? Maybe its corrupt?

I am getting more pissed by the minute, wont be able to type soon =)

photopro152

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WBFS is the format, when I partitioned it originally it was FAT32 then I used backup manager to format to WBFS. I will go try sports and let you know.
Just so you know I also ripped SMG2 and that plays fine.

*edit, Yeah sports is playing fine. Should I try resort?
p.s. Sorry if I am making you mad. I have no idea why I choose games that seem to be such a hassle. I also get frustrated because it seems like everyone else has it so easy.. they follow all the steps I have and then theirs works fine..

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I reckon your drive (or the file system) is damaged.

I have pretty much the same config, and no isses with those games using CFG USB loader. Never used GX or neogammer or any other stuff though.

I only use FAT32 and CFG USB Loader.

Maybe try re-formatting as FAT32 and re-ripping the games.

You can also then use various PC tools if you use FAT32.

249 v19 supports FAT32, or 222/223.

photopro152

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, that could be it.. back when I was using USBL GX I couldn't see the games when on FAT32, do I still need to use a backup manager when using FAT32?

photopro152

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
what did you do wrong? make this thread
laugh.gif

j/k
smileipb2.png

Heh, I usually don't have to resort to this sort of thing but I was just getting too frustrated..

I formatted to FAT32 but my WBFS manager wont allow me to add games without formatting it back to WBFS first.. I know that I need to have a "splitter" because otherwise the games are usually too big. Anyone want to enlighten me on the specifics of using FAT32 and adding games from ISO to the hard drive? Or at least.. which program is best.

*edit
"
The only problem you'll find is the addition of games to the drive. It is possible to read .ISO files directly from the partition, but due the 4B limit of FAT32 it is often impossible to put the ISO (which are usually around 4.37GB) on the drive. Instead, the games must be converted to .wbfs files, which can be split up if they are bigger than 4GB. Because of the automatic scrubbing of .wbfs files, most games will stay under 4GB so it won't be that much of a problem.
To do this, you will need a backup manager that supports converting to .wbfs files. Currently, these are Wii Backup Manager and Wii Game Manager.
"

^
Hey look! I can read!

photopro152

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reformatting to FAT32 didn't do anything still can't play SSBB white screen freeze at the same place as always (right after loading screen) I suppose I am just doomed to never play games I want..

photopro152

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
You do NOT need a backup manager if using fat32. just copy the .wbfs files to the /wbfs/ dir. Use wbfs_file to convert .iso to .wbfs.

IOS reload block should be off for all games. IOS236? All you need is ciosx (249) rev19. You can also install hermes (222/223) if you want, but they are unnecessary.

I have those IOS versions. I think I should virgin it and start over.. I will use that program from now on. Thanks.

I probably will end up buying them cause I like to do things the legal way. But it is annoying to know i couldn't shorten my load times by saving them to the HD (cause I couldn't then play the games..)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1