Homebrew What code is 3DS Homebrew written in? C, C++, C+, C# ?

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since there are (a lot) of variants of C code I was wondering which program language is typically used.
I would guess C is but I don't know if C++, C+ (If that's a thing), or C# is the main program.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just did a quick Google search on it when I posted that and just thought C++ was more difficult because it works a lot differently from C.
And I'd assume C# is more difficult than C or C++ ._.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just did a quick Google search on it when I posted that and just thought C++ was more difficult because it works a lot differently from C.
And I'd assume C# is more difficult than C or C++ ._.

C# is the easiest of the languages mentioned. But it all depends on what you want to do. If your goal is to write homebrew then C++ is what you want to learn. If you know C++ you can pretty much just sit down and write code in C# and Java without too much adjustments.

I think it's a pretty steep way to go into C++ directly if you never coded before. But it is of course possible, you just have to really want to do it. There is so much help and information you can get thanks to the internet so I bet it's a lot easier than back before internet and you got the books and people you know to try and learn and solve problems.
I believe you can do it. :yay:

Last edited by TVL,

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C# is basically Java, and as a certified Java Developer I can say it's pretty easy to code in, especially since both are pretty much Object-Oriented and most coding education focuses on Object-Oriented programming.

Reactions: WeedZ

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C# is basically Java, and as a certified Java Developer I can say it's pretty easy to code in, especially since both are pretty much Object-Oriented and most coding education focuses on Object-Oriented programming.
Well... Java and C# has been coping each other for years now. The "foreach" copy was wreat for the OOP in general f.e.

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
C is easier than C++. C++ is an extension to C, and it integrates several programming paradigms you should learn to use and combine.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
C++ is OOP, C is in much higher level than assembly, but not OOP (you can treat as pseudo objects most things).

So if you learn C and C++ you will see the difference. Also, for coding emu stuff, you can code in whatever language. OOP helps having portable and tidy code by today standards. C did the same before OOP

Last edited by Coto,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.