Hacking What card?

harrisc0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I am new to all this and have just purchased a Dsi XL but in the past have had a ds and dsi with r4 cards but have found that the battery life on the ds became dreadful with these cards in - what card would people out there recommend please to use in a Dsi XL? Thanks

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Acekard 2i (Cheap and works with basic features (AKAIO FW)) or Supercard DSTWO (More features such as real time saving, GBA/SNES emulation with a built in processor and more) would be my suggestions even though I don't own a DSi or DSi XL. There are lots of reviews regarding DSi compatible flashcarts on GBAtemp. Check those out to compare cards more
tongue.gif

//Qtis

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you're worried about battery life, the DSTWO might be a bad choice. The processor it uses for GBA emulation and such will no doubt require more power.

Also, the M3i Zero is also worth considering.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maikel Steneker said:
If you're worried about battery life, the DSTWO might be a bad choice. The processor it uses for GBA emulation and such will no doubt require more power.

Possibly a bit offtopic: Is the DSTWO processor powered all the time? I haven't dug deeper into the SCDS2 specs so I haven't a single clue..

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Qtis said:
Maikel Steneker said:

Possibly a bit offtopic: Is the DSTWO processor powered all the time? I haven't dug deeper into the SCDS2 specs so I haven't a single clue..
Probably not, it could overheat easily if it is. However, it might be needed to run all the time for the main menu.
It's just a guess. You'll never know until you have one.

JBW

Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest the Supercard DSTWO if you are interested in emulation and stuff but if you just want a cheap cart with almost perfect compatibility go for the Acekard 2i

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
Berthenk said:
Qtis said:
Maikel Steneker said:

Probably not, it could overheat easily if it is. However, it might be needed to run all the time for the main menu.
It's just a guess. You'll never know until you have one.
ARM based processors generally run pretty damn cool. It's just X86 processors that get really hot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: and i was too aggressive xD