What can we do with a hacked ps4?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by SkulllKid, Apr 20, 2017.

1. SkulllKid
    OP

SkulllKid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2015
    United States
    I have a 4.55 ps4 and i think we can hack the ps4 on that firmware soon, but what we can o with that, the only hack for ps4 is on 1.74 right? but what can you do with that? can we play backups? run homebrew apps, or emulate any other consoles? I did't see too much news about ps4, like apps or homebrews for ps4,,, so I want to know that.

2. lolcatzuru

lolcatzuru Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2012
    United States
    Reading is an incredibly hard skill that most people probably can't do but ill do you a solid, the answer is pretty much nothing at all, there are a couple of POC (proof's of concept) but nothing that would lead to anything solid like backups or homebrew now or in the near future, it will be some time before that.

Nigleet and GunzOfNavarone like this.
  3. SkulllKid
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2015
    United States
    Yes i read posts here, in another websites, but i don't found nothing, just a few mods for gta v and is not for public, but i don't know if it is nothing yet or you can't found nothing because there is just a few people with a ps4 on a 1.76 and is not too much posts, thats because i ask.

4. kevin corms

kevin corms Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    if the kernel exploit for 4.5x is released things will be much more interesting.

5. aos10

aos10 how i fotochop?

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    right now,you can play any game you want with 4.55,any game
    for me,i don't expect they will release it.

6. SkulllKid
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2015
    United States
    hopefully because a ps4 is a "online" consola, almost all the games are online, and if we get another upate we need to update to play, or we have to play offline untill we get the exploit and a patch to play online on a 4.5x :$

Yes but with a exploit we can o a lot of cool things, the only thing bad about "hacking" is the menu hacks on the online games, but it is allright to play homebrew games, backup games, apps, well there is no limits :D

7. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    If there was a working exploit (that was released) that allowed people to play "backups" you would not need to look hard at all. It'd be all over the internet, including here. The fact that your "ps4 hack" google search didn't come up with anything substantial is your answer.

mech likes this.
  8. SkulllKid
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2015
    United States
    oh no, i search on websites that upload exploits, i think i can't put that websites here but i'm always looking for something, incluiding on twitterm because the hackers always posts all there, but there is not too much info about the scene for ps4.

9. GilgameshArcher

GilgameshArcher GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2012
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    PS2 Games

10. DarkRioru

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
    I just want to use steam os to play pc games until my gaming pc (that runs windows 10) is done... but, I'm afraid my pc will by long done before any jailbreak that is usable by the public can be used at all... so, idk if I should update or not if an update were to come out from sony..

11. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    If you manage to have a 1.75 PS4 you can install a custom Linux distribution and run emulators and fun junk