What can UMA0 do?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by djricekcn, Aug 14, 2017.

1. djricekcn
    OP

djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2009
    United States
    I think I asked this question before but I can't find it so...what exactly can UMA0 do? From what I understand, you can't boot games or apps from it at all?

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    You can store media, you know music, photos, videos and I think you can also store roms there and boot them just fine.

Oh and someone forked a version of the latest adrenaline that can be booted from uma0, so you can have all of your PSP ISO there and keep ux0 strictly for vita apps.

3. Primula

Primula GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2016
    United States
    ^^ that
    Depending on the application you working on and trying to run

For PSTV UMA0 from a USB Drive you can mount as ux0 afterward to run vita game and homebrew

From a PSVITA with SD2Vita standpoint it will depend on your setup if it the 1st or 2nd gen granted both will require a real mem card and it describe just as ^ above. Basically if you have a rather large sony mem card and a small microsd you could do that but if you have a larger microsd you should allow it to be the ux0 but you need to backup your sony mem card to that so it can load up everything as if you only had the sony card.

Basically UMA is external Storage