Hacking What can the Gateway Menu do without a Gateway flashcart?

AssortedTrailmix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an N3DS on 9.0 and a Sky3DS, but no Gateway 3DS. Can the Gateway menu do things like backup my NAND, extract private headers, and emuNand?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can backup your nand, you can dump a game and extract the header on a PC, but you can't use emuNAND with the gateway menu. I'm not sure if there's any other way to access emunand on a N3DS, but the gateway menu doesn't let you without a gateway card inserted.

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an N3DS on 9.0 and a Sky3DS, but no Gateway 3DS. Can the Gateway menu do things like backup my NAND, extract private headers, and emuNand?
i don't know about private headers, but you can backup youre nand and make emunand in classic mode,which sometimes dosent load whitout the gateway.

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i don't know about private headers, but you can backup youre nand and make emunand

"youre" = You are
you can backup you are nand

But you are also able to downgrade your O3DS, Dump and restore your nand, dump and restore savegames from retail carts, dump retail games (and yes use a pc application to extract the header)

Both classic and gw mode do not work without a gw card

Use NTR CFW for emunand on N3DS

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
"youre" = You are

But you are also able to downgrade your O3DS, Dump and restore your nand, dump and restore savegames from retail carts, dump retail games (and yes use a pc application to extract the header)

NTR doesn't support emuNAND, sadly. It does provide plugin support, save extraction/injection (via a plugin) and region free.

AssortedTrailmix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"youre" = You are

So NTR CFW can run emuNand without a Gateway card? Also I see NTR has a strict line on flashcarts, will it not allow a Sky3DS? (and sorry if these questions sound silly, I just didn't see anything reading through the post that clarified all this)

EDIT: Didn't reload before asking, so it can't.

Reactions: LameNobody

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night