What can the Gateway Menu do without a Gateway flashcart?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AssortedTrailmix, Apr 10, 2015.

1. AssortedTrailmix
    OP

AssortedTrailmix Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2015
    United States
    I have an N3DS on 9.0 and a Sky3DS, but no Gateway 3DS. Can the Gateway menu do things like backup my NAND, extract private headers, and emuNand?

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    You can backup your nand, you can dump a game and extract the header on a PC, but you can't use emuNAND with the gateway menu. I'm not sure if there's any other way to access emunand on a N3DS, but the gateway menu doesn't let you without a gateway card inserted.

3. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere you can never find.
    i don't know about private headers, but you can backup youre nand and make emunand in classic mode,which sometimes dosent load whitout the gateway.

4. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    "youre" = You are
    you can backup you are nand

But you are also able to downgrade your O3DS, Dump and restore your nand, dump and restore savegames from retail carts, dump retail games (and yes use a pc application to extract the header)

Both classic and gw mode do not work without a gw card

Use NTR CFW for emunand on N3DS

5. Death78793

Death78793 What is this, a first person shooter?

Jan 16, 2015
    NTR doesn't support emuNAND, sadly. It does provide plugin support, save extraction/injection (via a plugin) and region free.

6. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    I was un-aware of this...

Death78793 likes this.
  7. AssortedTrailmix
    OP

AssortedTrailmix Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2015
    United States

So NTR CFW can run emuNand without a Gateway card? Also I see NTR has a strict line on flashcarts, will it not allow a Sky3DS? (and sorry if these questions sound silly, I just didn't see anything reading through the post that clarified all this)

EDIT: Didn't reload before asking, so it can't.

LameNobody likes this.
  8. Death78793

Death78793 What is this, a first person shooter?

Jan 16, 2015
    No worries, though! Cell9 has posted about thinking of either firm spoofing or emuNAND (firm spoofing sounding better due to the key change in 9.6), so it might be a possibility in the (near) future!

LameNobody likes this.