What can I install over what ? (CFW)

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by evanogainen, Sep 28, 2015.

1. evanogainen
    OP

evanogainen Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2015
    Hi,

I'll begin by saying that I've no experience hacking a PS3, but plenty with the PSP, and I can definately see some similarities as I browse the topics.

So my friend has a PS3, it has mmCM and a Habib config changer which references Cobra.
    The main system reports Version 4.65.
    There is no version I can see anywhere in the mmCM except that the latest entry in the readme.txt is v4.60

So I'm assuming this has a Habib + Cobra CFW on it.

What I don't know is what exact versions of these they have on it, so this makes me hesitant to just grab for example habib 4.75 beta4 and install it over the top without knowing a bit more.

1) If I want to update the CFW what are my options ? Will the 4.75b4 just work ?
    2) Will custom firmwares of different types (rebug/habib/etc) install cleanly over each other should I want to change which is being used ?
    3) What should I not try to do with regards to upgrading that may cause a brick ?
    4) In what way is mmCM different to multiMan ? is it just an older version ?

I have looked through the forums repeatedly, and I get the general gist, but I can't see clear answers to the above.

Thanks for your help