Hacking what can i do when the costum duty have my mt card?

GamingAori

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,
I want buy a mt card from china but is this dangerous for me when the costum duty have the mt card and what i can do when i must to the duty?

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
If customs hold the card they may charge you with the cost of withholding and destruction of the card. Very unlikely it'll get stopped by customs though as the sellers will send it as a game or other hardware device. Something customs really don't care about. I've had several DS flash carts sent to the UK from china, also a GW... Even a pair of knuckle dusters. Once even had a friend send me an ounce of weed across the country via Royal Mail (epic win).

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
and I get the mt card? or no?

If they stop it at customs... No lol you won't get it back. It's one of the risks we take ordering contraband from overseas. Use a trusted reseller and you should be fine. Paranoia will get you nowhere. If you get stung then it'll be a learning curve for you - Piracy doesn't always have a happy ending. But it's worth a punt eh? ;)

Reactions: IronClouds

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
They are gonna raid you with German equivalent of swat team for buying it.

Noones gives a shit what you buy unless its drugs etc if its cause it will be opened and then you will receive a broken case but you usually get it.

Reactions: GamingAori

goober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I want buy a mt card from china but is this dangerous for me when the costum duty have the mt card and what i can do when i must to the duty?

Customs usually only hold flashcarts, in bulk, from the point of origin. So, Hong Kong in many cases, will stop shipments that are obviously mass mailings for flashcarts or other restricted stuff. I think its only happened once or twice, and it may not have even been shipments to consumers but resellers, or import/export from factories.

Usually, the only reason a flashcart gets held up from customs is from random inspections and other items with the cart that cause concern, like batteries, lasers, knives, etc.

If you're just ordering a flashcart, by itself, your odds of having customs seize the item is about equal to many lotteries.

Reactions: GamingAori

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Customs usually only hold flashcarts, in bulk, from the point of origin. So, Hong Kong in many cases, will stop shipments that are obviously mass mailings for flashcarts or other restricted stuff. I think its only happened once or twice, and it may not have even been shipments to consumers but resellers, or import/export from factories.

Usually, the only reason a flashcart gets held up from customs is from random inspections and other items with the cart that cause concern, like batteries, lasers, knives, etc.

If you're just ordering a flashcart, by itself, your odds of having customs seize the item is about equal to many lotteries.

Well, welcome to Germany then: here Ninty got an injunction, requiring customs to stop and seize everything which violates Nintys cartridge patents (aka: if it looks enough like a Ninty cartridge, German expression is "Gebrauchsmusterschutz"). The supposed receiver has then the choice of having the item destroyed (for free) or contesting the claim (and good look with that).

And it does happen, over at gully.com a few people have posted the legal correspondence of such (single item import) cases.

okay also isn't this dangerous? (my english isn't the best sry)
Just order from inside Germany (like from elewelt, got my GW from them too (fast and without any problems)) or at least from inside Europe, especially if it's such an expensive item.
If you want to get a 5€ r4clone China is the way to go.

GamingAori

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the problem is elewelt send the mt card from china. but the gateway from germany. and mediadax sold not the mt card :(

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I've ordered dozens of copiers and modchips for various consoles from all over the world over the past 15 years and never had any problems with German customs. So there's that.

GamingAori

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
this is a english forum ^^ okay in the eu is this legal so i buy my mt card today and i hope i havent a problem with the costum duty

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3ds cards in particular are a pretty dark shade of grey, as they don't have use for homebrew, unlike standard ds cards...that being said, laws differ from one place to another...also odds of your package being stopped in transit are pretty slim.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be very easy to make a homebrew only legal flashcart. simply do not include sram support in the firmware (DLDI autopatch lets homebrew save)

yet nobody has done this.... wonder why??? :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k