what can i do when the costum duty have my mt card?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by GamingAori, Mar 18, 2014.

1. GamingAori
    OP

GamingAori GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hello,
    I want buy a mt card from china but is this dangerous for me when the costum duty have the mt card and what i can do when i must to the duty?

2. Boy12

Boy12 NOT a new member!

Mar 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    Purmerend
  3. F417H

F417H GBAtemp Fan

Feb 5, 2014
    If customs hold the card they may charge you with the cost of withholding and destruction of the card. Very unlikely it'll get stopped by customs though as the sellers will send it as a game or other hardware device. Something customs really don't care about. I've had several DS flash carts sent to the UK from china, also a GW... Even a pair of knuckle dusters. Once even had a friend send me an ounce of weed across the country via Royal Mail (epic win).

GamingAori and Subtle Demise like this.
  4. GamingAori
    OP

Mar 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    and I get the mt card? or no?

5. F417H

F417H GBAtemp Fan

Feb 5, 2014

If they stop it at customs... No lol you won't get it back. It's one of the risks we take ordering contraband from overseas. Use a trusted reseller and you should be fine. Paranoia will get you nowhere. If you get stung then it'll be a learning curve for you - Piracy doesn't always have a happy ending. But it's worth a punt eh? ;)

IronClouds likes this.
  6. GamingAori
    OP

Mar 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    a official reseller of the mt card and gateway is trusty? i hope this work

7. dagro

dagro GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2013
    They are gonna raid you with German equivalent of swat team for buying it.

Noones gives a shit what you buy unless its drugs etc if its cause it will be opened and then you will receive a broken case but you usually get it.

GamingAori likes this.
  8. F417H

F417H GBAtemp Fan

Feb 5, 2014
    GamingAori likes this.
  9. GamingAori
    OP

Mar 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    okay, i think i buy my card by elewelt the support of elewelt are friendly and fast. thx all people for answered.

F417H likes this.
  10. goober

goober GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2006
    United States
    Customs usually only hold flashcarts, in bulk, from the point of origin. So, Hong Kong in many cases, will stop shipments that are obviously mass mailings for flashcarts or other restricted stuff. I think its only happened once or twice, and it may not have even been shipments to consumers but resellers, or import/export from factories.

Usually, the only reason a flashcart gets held up from customs is from random inspections and other items with the cart that cause concern, like batteries, lasers, knives, etc.

If you're just ordering a flashcart, by itself, your odds of having customs seize the item is about equal to many lotteries.

GamingAori likes this.
  11. GamingAori
    OP

Mar 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    okay also isn't this dangerous? (my english isn't the best sry)

12. bkifft

bkifft avowed Cuthwaldian

Jun 10, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Well, welcome to Germany then: here Ninty got an injunction, requiring customs to stop and seize everything which violates Nintys cartridge patents (aka: if it looks enough like a Ninty cartridge, German expression is "Gebrauchsmusterschutz"). The supposed receiver has then the choice of having the item destroyed (for free) or contesting the claim (and good look with that).

And it does happen, over at gully.com a few people have posted the legal correspondence of such (single item import) cases.

Just order from inside Germany (like from elewelt, got my GW from them too (fast and without any problems)) or at least from inside Europe, especially if it's such an expensive item.
    If you want to get a 5€ r4clone China is the way to go.

13. GamingAori
    OP

Mar 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    the problem is elewelt send the mt card from china. but the gateway from germany. and mediadax sold not the mt card :(

14. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    cearp, bkifft and GamingAori like this.
  15. enarky

enarky owls?

Jul 31, 2003
    Afghanistan
    I've ordered dozens of copiers and modchips for various consoles from all over the world over the past 15 years and never had any problems with German customs. So there's that.

16. Kane49
    This message by Kane49 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Mar 19, 2014, Reason: English only please.
    Mar 19, 2014
  17. GamingAori
    OP

Mar 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    this is a english forum ^^ okay in the eu is this legal so i buy my mt card today and i hope i havent a problem with the costum duty

18. dubbz82

dubbz82 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 2, 2014
    United States
    3ds cards in particular are a pretty dark shade of grey, as they don't have use for homebrew, unlike standard ds cards...that being said, laws differ from one place to another...also odds of your package being stopped in transit are pretty slim.

19. Kane49

Kane49 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Yeah but since you wrote the title in gibberish i figured german would be more helpful