1. RemixDeluxe

OP RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    This is mainly towards the recently released Fire Emblem Heroes game but I want to get this taken cared of for other apps now and for the foreseeable future. I always get that error after awhile from playing the game and it doesn't go away unless I reinstall the game. Another problem that may or may not be related to rooting is I don't even see the game on Google Play, I had to download the game using Aptoide just to even play it. I found that pretty bizarre that it doesn't exist for me.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

2. Flame

Flame Me > You

RemixDeluxe likes this.
  3. Dayfid

Dayfid GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    RemixDeluxe likes this.
  4. RemixDeluxe

United States
    Thank you guys

5. RemixDeluxe

United States
    I bricked my phone because I was suppose to unroot before installing Magisk (didnt say so in the instructions, luckily I made a backup beforehand.) Where may I find a clean rom for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and what is the most current guide for rooting the phone?

guisadop likes this.
  6. Dayfid

Dayfid GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Here's some info on rooting: https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/how-to/discussion-galaxy-s7-edge-root-t3335599
    And look around here, you'll find a stock rom just triple check you use the correct one for your phone model! https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge

RemixDeluxe likes this.
  7. RemixDeluxe

United States
    Would the AT&T website have a clean rom for my phone? Its hard to find the exact one for my phone from the link you posted. Its from AT&T and its a Galaxy S7 Edge, I remember seeing the model as G935A too in recovery mode.

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye *is birb*

Norway
    Not likely. But you can use Samsung Smart Switch to restore to stock.

9. RemixDeluxe

United States
    Just tried installing Samsung Smart Switch twice and it freezes my PC. That rarely happens, I dont know what the hell it was trying to do while installing.

10. Dayfid

Dayfid GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    RemixDeluxe likes this.
  11. RemixDeluxe

United States
  12. BORTZ

BORTZ The Amazing
    Supervisor

United States
    Thats kinda the point of Knox, isnt it? Its like ripping off a "void" sticker from your console or computer. From what I am reading, it looks like knox used to be a software maker. Once it was discovered, people could reset it everytime they tripped it. But now I think Samsung went the way of a tiny e-fuse so you would need to do a motherboard replacement to fix it. Seems a bit extreme to fix a warranty.

RemixDeluxe likes this.
  13. RemixDeluxe

United States
    I have yet to trigger knox security but in order to install Magisk I need to flash TWRP and by doing that will most definitely trigger knox.

I'm just hoping to find out as much as I can about it before taking the plunge. I never knew such sophisticated security that is tied to hardware like that before.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - applications, rooted, phone