What are you reading/have read lately?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The 3rd and final book in Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy, really worth a read if you are into a more intellectual fantasy book that builds up over time and doesn't try to be flashy, but ends each book with a big climax

admotonic

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just got the second Sword of truth book
yay.gif

Will be reading that very shortly

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just finished with 'In Cold Blood' by Truman Capote. Before that I read 'Haunted' by James Herbert and before that, 'Assassin' by Shaun Hutson.
So far I've most enjoyed 'Haunted'... but it can't really be compared to 'In Cold Blood', two completely different books.
All three are good reads though I'd recommend 'Assassin' least of all.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just read my way through Grisham's "the Rainmaker" and the first two books in the "Hunger Games" trilogy, and will devour the 3rd book really soon (like tonight if possible, LOL). Some epic stuff right there. I hear they're gonna make a movie adaptation, too.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just started Jasper Ffordes's "The Fourth Bear". So far this year I've read John Christopher's "Tripods" trilogy, all six "Hitch Hiker" books (Douglas Adams and Eoin Colfer) and Jasper Fforde's "The Big Over Easy". Stolen eBooks for the win.

I've also re-read a couple of old Terry Prachett books (Reaper Man, Witches Abroad and currently Small Gods) in the bath as I can't take my DS in there. Well I could but the steam would fuck it up.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last week there was this market of sorts where you could buy all books with huge discounts (up to 90%) so I went twice and have a nice little pile of books to start with (including 22 volumes of Tsubasa Chronicle and all three volumes of Gankutsuou), so currently I am reading the Historian (Kostova), the Casebook of Victor Frankenstein (Ackroyd), Vellum (Duncan), and Apostle (Gibbins). And I will soon begin in Scarlet (Lawhead), Travels in the Scriptorium (Auster), Beowulf, Dawnkeepers (Andersen), the MAgdalena Cipher (Hougan), the Way of Shadows (Weeks), and Dragonheart (Pogue). Between that there are a lot of stories on my E-Reader (which my dad actually found, so I have one for free
biggrin.gif
) to read (mainly Patterson, Auster, King, Berserk, and some others).

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Right now I'm reading Charlie Brooker's 'Dawn of the Dumb', a collection of his articles which generally insult everything he's ever encountered in the funniest way possible, and I'm proof-reading the absolute FINAL version of my FF7 fanfic magnum opus, Requiem. I've finally finished the damn thing after six years on and off, rewrites, total restarts, lost chapters, and one fairly serious fuck up in which one charachter managed to die three times in one chapter. Never drink and write.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blaze163 said:
Right now I'm reading Charlie Brooker's 'Dawn of the Dumb', a collection of his articles which generally insult everything he's ever encountered in the funniest way possible, and I'm proof-reading the absolute FINAL version of my FF7 fanfic magnum opus, Requiem. I've finally finished the damn thing after six years on and off, rewrites, total restarts, lost chapters, and one fairly serious fuck up in which one charachter managed to die three times in one chapter. Never drink and write.
Are you going to post it somewhere (ff.net perhaps)?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
nasune said:
Blaze163 said:

The first six chapters are already up on fanfiction.net, same user ID as here. You'll also find my alternate reality fanfic going on there, chapters 1-4 should be up under the name FF7 Sliding Doors, in which one minor change in the original plot leads everything off in a wildly different direction.

I also have to make one printed copy of Requiem for my friend Sian as I promised. She was my proof reader in the early days and as a thank you, she's actually in the story. She's Raven the lab tech, or at least sort of. You'll see what I mean when the final chapters are uploaded.

KyuubiNarut0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm reading How To Rap, the art and science of the Hip-Hop MC by Paul Edwards, it's an amazing book, Edwards managed to get alot of famous rappers to tell him about hip-hop, rappers such as Nas, 50 Cent, and alot of others, if you're someone who loves to rap, or loves hip-hop music, you should definitly read this book.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blaze163 said:
nasune said:
Blaze163 said:

The first six chapters are already up on fanfiction.net, same user ID as here. You'll also find my alternate reality fanfic going on there, chapters 1-4 should be up under the name FF7 Sliding Doors, in which one minor change in the original plot leads everything off in a wildly different direction.

I also have to make one printed copy of Requiem for my friend Sian as I promised. She was my proof reader in the early days and as a thank you, she's actually in the story. She's Raven the lab tech, or at least sort of. You'll see what I mean when the final chapters are uploaded.

I see, well I'll look forward to reading it as soon as I feel a little better (Right now I'm having a wee bit of trouble keeping my eyes open, or walking with a decent speed, or moving for extended periods of time for that matter). Still, I'll read it soon.

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
this maybe a kid book but it was a good read from the mixed up files or smething book.(really freakin bored at skool, was a funny book sorta) and i read starcraft ghost Nova finally after like a year (bought it in decem 2009 nd finished in late 2010.

that book man oh man was I disappointed just the setting and overall story (too short and weakish imo about NOVA nd to starcraft). so yea i read 3 books in total for 1 year lol...I did read this other book but I forgot the title nd culdn't finish it as my mind culdn't comprehend the fuckin big words, but I did understand some parts of it overall, (its about religion)

Rhulqdahr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Dmitry Glukhovsky's "Metro 2034", although the first part was better in my opinion. I'm really into post-apocalypse.

Also reading about automated configurations for the exam right now
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: