What are you looking forward to this Christmas?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So what are you guys looking forward to during the Christmas Season?

I am mainly looking forward to putting up the Christmas Tree in my house. And as usual, to make that yearly wish list that never gets completed xD

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A month of shops playing crappy music, putting up crap decorations and generally subjecting everyone to torture as they seem to think Christmas starts at the beginning of December and lasts a whole month. Crap Christmas themed stuff on tv, advertisments trying to sell you cheap Christmas themed tat and generally being annoying. Then once that's all over with, up pop the diet and exercise adverts as apparently people only do exercise in January.

Fantastic
dry.gif

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to spending the holidays with my niece and nephews. First time I'll be close enough since I moved from FL. Gotta love kids + Christmas.

However, I'm not looking forward to listening to the same X-Mas music at my job for the next 31+ days.
cry.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Might seem silly but - I always look forward to Boxing Day .....

I prefer the relaxing 'winding-down' period of Boxing day rather than the chaotic day before.

I prefer the thought of - 'it's all over for another year' rather than the 'What do we get the Kids/Grown-up for presents/Where do we get it from ??' panicking before Xmas day

I prefer the cold leftover turkey,ham etc with chips & pickle onions much more than the Full Xmas dinner of Turkey,Ham,Sprouts,Veg,Stuffing,Potatoes,Cranberry,Mince pies,Xmas Pud etc etc

jesuschristmonke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:

I prefer the cold leftover turkey,ham etc with chips & pickle onions much more than the Full Xmas dinner of Turkey,Ham,Sprouts,Veg,Stuffing,Potatoes,Cranberry,Mince pies,Xmas Pud etc etc

Wait, you guys organize boxing matches for the holidays?

And what is this talk about pud? That belongs on EOF.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jesuschristmonkeyballs said:
CannonFoddr said:

Wait, you guys organize boxing matches for the holidays?
Nah - Typical American
blink.gif

- everyone knows 'Boxing day' in the UK is the day we clear up all the Xmas day boxes from the presents & make a huge bonfire
rofl.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking forward to it being over. One of the saddest things about growing up is watching Christmas slowly change from the most magical time of the year to nothing but a costly inconvenience.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Candy canes and mulled wine. Fantastic
smile.gif

And I love wrapping presents. An entire afternoon with colourful paper, ribbons, bows and tape, what's not to like?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing I'm looking forward to is Christmas (and New Years) being over so things can go back to normal. I HATE going into stores this time of year. Idiots everywhere that I feel like slamming out of my way. I'm not a "shopper", I go into a store and beeline directly towards what I went there for, buy it and leave. But the holidays screw that up with the long lines at the checkout, people in your way as you try to get where you're going in the store, traffic jams and just generally slowing down every aspect of the trip to the store.

My family doesn't bother with holidays, so they are just an interruption of normal life to me. The ONLY good thing about holidays for me is time off from a job......when I had a freakin' job.

Everything else about holidays is moot/useless/pointless/wasteful to me.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I remeber when I was 6. I was an only child back then.
biggrin.gif
I had a room full of presents. Now, I get one or two. I wish I could take a bus and relive some of those memories for about a week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021