Gaming What are we going to do about sharing Super Mario Maker 2 Levels on banned/CFW'd switches?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This point is valid, and I agree... But until that time comes, the freeloading banned users shouldn't have the privilege. So I say wait until they are about to shut it down before making it happen. Cuts out a lot of the entitlement from banned users.
This leads to a general piracy discusion which wasn't my intention.
Legit users still have the privilege of enjoying countless levels online instead of playing around with files or homebrews to inject certain levels though.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This leads to a general piracy discusion which wasn't my intention.
Legit users still have the privilege of enjoying countless levels online instead of playing around with files or homebrews to inject certain levels though.
A right is not privilege, mate.
Pirate users have plain justice.

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A right is not privilege, mate.
Can't complain about that. ;)

However let's stop getting off topic especially since I said I don't wanna start a piracy discussion here (there are threads for that).

A way to preserve SMM2 levels would be highly appreciated.
And I don't see why should wait for a way to inject them until the servers are offline. :)
(it's already possible with Checkpoint anyways)

Reactions: Rfire and Bedel

Joshifer34

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda off topic but still on topic lol

I run sx os. If I were to buy an actual MM2 cart and run it on OFW. Think that’s ok? I mean I update pirates games thru Nintendo itself anyway. And they sent me emails of my most played game which was pirated so they know I’m playing shit :rofl2:

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I didn't have already that many projects I would work on an in-console stage injector / exporter, as soon as some kind of web API was made with levels.
Hopefully some good dev will take care of this.
I think https://smmdb.ddns.net/ already has a web api since there's a companion 3DS app. They only need to add SMM2 levels.

Reactions: ELY_M

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This point is valid, and I agree... But until that time comes, the freeloading banned users shouldn't have the privilege. So I say wait until they are about to shut it down before making it happen. Cuts out a lot of the entitlement from banned users.
what about the people that are banned for cfw for themes and mods and buy all there games legally, do they still not deserve to play online when they payed for the games?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
what about the people that are banned for cfw for themes and mods and buy all there games legally, do they still not deserve to play online when they payed for the games?
That does seem like a grey area, but they also knew the risks when doing such modifications.

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this post right here makes me wish we had downvots on this site

Euphonique

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have a website up for uploading and downloading levels: https://tinfoil.com/MarioMaker/

i’m modifying tinfoilto list and install levels directly from the tinfoil switch app.
Yeah! That sounds great! I‘m looking forward to test it. :)
But guess I would make a seperate App for that. Nothing against Tinfoil, I like it but it‘s full of features yet.
If I could help with the UI or something else, let me know.

The import/export of levels are a great first step. I‘m asking myself if it‘s somehow possible to reverse engineer the server side and develop an own? Maybe using dns routing to it instead of nintys.

Last edited by Euphonique,
Reactions: limpbiz411

limpbiz411

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah! That sounds great! I‘m looking forward to test it. :)
But guess I would make a seperate App for that. Nothing against Tinfoil, I like it but it‘s full of features yet.
If I could help with the UI or something else, let me know.

The import/export of levels are a great first step. I‘m asking myself if it‘s somehow possible to reverse engineer the server side and develop an own? Maybe using dns routing to it instead of nintys.
i was thinking of the same thing, the servers are pretty much p2p anyways. their should be a way to make a dns server redirect

roamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

This makes no sense. My switch isn't banned but I have been running cfw and homebrew all over my switch since day 1. Now I know I'm going to get banned just signing in to Nintendo server's. Am I going to pay $80au for a game to go online and be banned within 48hrs? Not a chance. Would I buy that $80 if I wasn't going to be banned, for sure 100%. Point is if your in the scene and do all the homebrew stuff then you can't just go online and be safe. It's not a 3ds.

Would I wipe my system and go back to stock if it were possible for me, sure but I can't.

Reactions: theLilaQ

thewindmage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao, someone sure is high and mighty... I guess shilling out to our corporate overlords makes you immaculate and irreproachable.
Piracy is an unholy sin, children. Don't do it or we'll banish your soul to the Shadow Realm.

Reactions: theLilaQ

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
basically someone needs to /repurpose a save manager specifically for this to make it comfortable.

potentially with a server infrastructure in the background for stages.

would be cool if we could pull stages from the official servers too but i'm not seeing that happening.

anyways, double switch crew all the way

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-