What are the minimum specs for ______ at 1080 60 FPS?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 10,696
  • Replies 67

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rocket league?
Citra?
Dolphin (GameCube)?
Dolphin (Wii)? Specifically Mario kart Wii
PCSX2?
Cemu(Only BOTW and/or MK8)?
Each of them have their own specs, but it largely depends on how much fancying up the graphics you want to do. at 1080p almost any decent pc should run all of those fine. There's also a ps3 emulator but that ones a bit heftier still should work on a medium to high end pc

D

Deleted User

OP
A 1060 6gb will do 1080p 60 at ultra settings on everything and costs no more than 150$ used,you can also get a ryzen 2200g for around 90$ which makes a nice budget quad core cpu and a great apu aswell.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: TheMrIron2

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A 1060 6gb will do 1080p 60 at ultra settings on everything and costs no more than 150$ used,you can also get a ryzen 2200g for around 90$ which makes a nice budget quad core cpu and a great apu aswell.
I would stick with nvidia in regards to emulation as it has better opengl support and those backends are often more up to date than their vulkan counterparts. Some don't even have Vulkan Backends

Reactions: Deleted User

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Rocket league?
Citra?
Dolphin (GameCube)?
PCSX2?
Taking the highest requirements from the list you've provided, I'd go with a NVidia GPU (1060 6GB or even a 980 if you don't mind getting an older, less power efficient model for a cheaper price) and a Ryzen 5 2600/Core i5 8400 depending if you want to go with either team red or blue. You can even go lower with the CPU, however I picked those so you can have a bit of breathing room if you want to upgrade your rig later down the road.

In the end choosing Intel or AMD for the CPU isn't going to impact too much your perfomance so I'd personally choose Ryzen for a few reasons (SMT, higher multithreaded performance, overclockable) but no matter how I dislike NVidia's anti-consumer practices I simply cannot bring myself to recommend an AMD GPU for emulating recent-ish consoles: and this is coming from someone who has an all AMD build.

For RAM, 8 GB will be enough. Still, if you go with Ryzen, try to get some fast DDR4 sticks if you can find them at a reasonable price (don't go overkill, even 2666 MHz is more than enough for what you want to do!)

(Cemu for example is infamous to be poorly optimized on Radeon cards and while it may change when the Vulkan backend gets released, if you were to run it on one now you'd be very disappointed by the performance)

Last edited by RattletraPM,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Rocket league?
Citra?
Dolphin (GameCube)?
PCSX2?
I can't speak for Cemu but from what I know it's mostly CPU dependent.
The others will run on almost anything. A GTX 1050 Ti is enough for most 1080p gaming as far as I know, but I have a GTX 970 which is roughly equivalent to an 1060 and it struggles with certain games like ARK and Atlas. Works fine for everything else though, including Dolphin and PCSX2 and I can't imagine Citra would be any problem.
I'd say an 1060 would probably be sufficient, but look at used prices as you can get GTX 1070/1080/1080 Ti for a decent price used.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using pcpartkicker.com to throw together a build and send it by us. You can find other places to buy things for other prices or used but its a good start to get an overall estimate
make sure you don't over due it on the moniter plus the xx inches is the diagonal of the screen not the width or length

Last edited by Mythical,
D

Deleted User

OP
I would stick with nvidia in regards to emulation as it has better opengl support and those backends are often more up to date than their vulkan counterparts. Some don't even have Vulkan Backends
Yup,vulcan is amd's territory on the gpu side.Nvida cards overclock better aswell.

D

Deleted User

OP
Taking the highest requirements from the list you've provided, I'd go with a NVidia GPU (1060 6GB or even a 980 if you don't mind getting an older, less power efficient model for a cheaper price) and a Ryzen 5 2600/Core i5 8400 depending if you want to go with either team red or blue. You can even go lower with the CPU, however I picked those so you can have a bit of breathing room if you want to upgrade your rig later down the road.

In the end choosing Intel or AMD for the CPU isn't going to impact too much your perfomance so I'd personally choose Ryzen for a few reasons (SMT, higher multithreaded performance, overclockable) but no matter how I dislike NVidia's anti-consumer practices I simply cannot bring myself to recommend an AMD GPU for emulating recent-ish consoles: and this is coming from someone who has an all AMD build.

For RAM, 8 GB will be enough. Still, if you go with Ryzen, try to get some fast DDR4 sticks if you can find them at a reasonable price (don't go overkill, even 2666 MHz is more than enough for what you want to do!)

(Cemu for example is infamous to be poorly optimized on Radeon cards and while it may change when the Vulkan backend gets released, if you were to run it on one now you'd be very disappointed by the performance)
Sorry for the inactivity! i was just busy. ok so for the gpu is this one ok? cause ive seen the same one (1060 6gb) but at a higher price and looking different and brands like gigabyte, zotac, etc etc. anyway does this meet the requirements? https://www.amazon.com/d/Computer-G...=UTF8&qid=1550372764&sr=1-1&keywords=1060+6gb

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok so if for ram 2666mhz is enough ill just buy that corsair 8gb ddr4 stick out there. and i quess the highest requirement is for cemu BOTW right?

I can't speak for Cemu but from what I know it's mostly CPU dependent.
The others will run on almost anything. A GTX 1050 Ti is enough for most 1080p gaming as far as I know, but I have a GTX 970 which is roughly equivalent to an 1060 and it struggles with certain games like ARK and Atlas. Works fine for everything else though, including Dolphin and PCSX2 and I can't imagine Citra would be any problem.
I'd say an 1060 would probably be sufficient, but look at used prices as you can get GTX 1070/1080/1080 Ti for a decent price used.
thanks but buying used things is not what i like. i prefer them to be new to assure best quality. and why do i keep hearing people saying that ps2 is difficult to emulate?

i got a couple of questions: what are those opengl and direct x and c++ stuff out there?

Each of them have their own specs, but it largely depends on how much fancying up the graphics you want to do. at 1080p almost any decent pc should run all of those fine. There's also a ps3 emulator but that ones a bit heftier still should work on a medium to high end pc
thanks i already own a ps3 and a wii BUUUUUUT i dont have a decent controller that i can use with mkwii. i have a ds4 but will only work with dolphin

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the inactivity! i was just busy. ok so for the gpu is this one ok? cause ive seen the same one (1060 6gb) but at a higher price and looking different and brands like gigabyte, zotac, etc etc. anyway does this meet the requirements? https://www.amazon.com/d/Computer-G...=UTF8&qid=1550372764&sr=1-1&keywords=1060+6gb

ok so if for ram 2666mhz is enough ill just buy that corsair 8gb ddr4 stick out there. and i quess the highest requirement is for cemu BOTW right?

thanks but buying used things is not what i like. i prefer them to be new to assure best quality. and why do i keep hearing people saying that ps2 is difficult to emulate?

i got a couple of questions: what are those opengl and direct x and c++ stuff out there?

thanks i already own a ps3 and a wii BUUUUUUT i dont have a decent controller that i can use with mkwii. i have a ds4 but will only work with dolphin
You can connect wiimotes to a computer with HID wiimote and with bluetooth and/or a bluetooth dongle.
Those things simply put are used to run programs. And some programs can run with one or more. Some use Vilkan and some use opengl and so on. Direct x is also a dependency for some games, but will be installed by steam about a thousand times anyway (it's installed when installing other games).
A lot of these things will be part of the setup or easy to find such as java.
The main thing to worry about is the gpu brand. You chose an invidia card so you'll be getting better opengl support which helps with running emulators.
8gb of ddr4 memory should be more than enough for the foreseeable future (for gamers). Some people get 16, but you can always add more later if your motherboard has enough slots (most have atleast 2 nowadays).
if you go on pcpartpicker.com it'll allow you to put together a build using several sellers (like the amazon link you put up), plus it'll have commentary on the parts performance.

Here's a build I'm working on right now https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZkFjMZ

Also PCSX2 is my go to ps2 emulator. It allows a lot of upscaling options and game fixes. As long as you use a compatibility list (just google pcsx2 "insert game name here" and you'll be fine)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Buying used GPUs is completely fine, trust me. Many of the pros recommend it as a good option for budget gaming builds. Any use that the GPU has already seen is not likely to affect the useful lifetime of the GPU because they usually last long after their useful life (when you need to upgrade anyway to play the newest games), and the 10xx series cards haven't been out for long enough for it to matter. And even if buying new the warranty will be long expired by the time the card finally breaks so it's not like buying new is gonna help you.

PS2 is relatively difficult to emulate, considering it's actually harder to emulate than GC/Wii despite being a weaker system than both. But computers have progressed to the point where any cheap i3 or i5 laptop can run Dolphin no problem and PS2 is not that much harder.

You should be able to use the DS4 with other things through something like DS4Windows.

D

Deleted User

OP
Buying used GPUs is completely fine, trust me. Many of the pros recommend it as a good option for budget gaming builds. Any use that the GPU has already seen is not likely to affect the useful lifetime of the GPU because they usually last long after their useful life (when you need to upgrade anyway to play the newest games), and the 10xx series cards haven't been out for long enough for it to matter. And even if buying new the warranty will be long expired by the time the card finally breaks so it's not like buying new is gonna help you.

PS2 is relatively difficult to emulate, considering it's actually harder to emulate than GC/Wii despite being a weaker system than both. But computers have progressed to the point where any cheap i3 or i5 laptop can run Dolphin no problem and PS2 is not that much harder.

You should be able to use the DS4 with other things through something like DS4Windows.
Ok so I can buy the best graphics card (1080ti) used?

D

Deleted User

OP
Ok these are my final specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 8400
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB(even a 1080ti used is to expensive$$$)
Motherboard: Any recommendations?
RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz (planning to upgrade later)
Power supply: Need your help to decide!

Last edited by ,

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok these are my final specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 8400
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB(even a 1080ti used is to expensive$$$)
Motherboard: Any recommendations?
RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz (planning to upgrade later)
Power supply: Need your help to decide!
You also need a cpu cooler (I like water), a moniter too (at a minimum it should be the build your looking for but you can watch stuff in higher res if you're computer can't play games on that res), a case (pc tower), and some storage (a 1tb ssd should be more than enough)(I would choose WD).
The power supply you choose is generally based around estimated total wattage from your pc's parts.
I recommend thishttps://pcpartpicker.com/product/PvDzK8/evga-supernova-g3-850w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-220-g3-0850 but most things like it would suffice. just make sure it's a quality brand and has enough wattage.
The motherboard I would choose last in reference to all of your other parts but I'd spend 50-125 depending on the situation. One thing to note is not all motherboards inherently support wireless connection. (ethernet yes) so you may have to buy an addon for your motherboard (very cheap) though (motherboards also have overclocking and bios menus that vary from motherboard to motherboard)
also if you get a k cpu you'll be able to overclock it (i.e. i5 8400k or something along those lines)

Last edited by Mythical,
D

Deleted User

OP
You also need a cpu cooler (I like water), a moniter too (at a minimum it should be the build your looking for but you can watch stuff in higher res if you're computer can't play games on that res), a case (pc tower), and some storage (a 1tb ssd should be more than enough)(I would choose WD).
The power supply you choose is generally based around estimated total wattage from your pc's parts.
I recommend thishttps://pcpartpicker.com/product/PvDzK8/evga-supernova-g3-850w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-220-g3-0850 but most things like it would suffice. just make sure it's a quality brand and has enough wattage.
The motherboard I would choose last in reference to all of your other parts but I'd spend 50-125 depending on the situation. One thing to note is not all motherboards inherently support wireless connection. (ethernet yes) so you may have to buy an addon for your motherboard (very cheap) though (motherboards also have overclocking and bios menus that vary from motherboard to motherboard)
also if you get a k cpu you'll be able to overclock it (i.e. i5 8400k or something along those lines)
I will use a tv as a monitor since it is 1080

D

Deleted User

OP
Good news! To enter an online high school I must have a 5.0ghz cpu so my parents will buy me an i9 9900k

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news! To enter an online high school I must have a 5.0ghz cpu so my parents will buy me an i9 9900k
That's great! I never heard of a school requiring such a thing (I can understand depending on the school and the classes though)
That'll be great for your emulators since they run off of your cpu mainly.

D

Deleted User

OP

is the msi geforce gtx 1060 4gb good for botw?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: