Hacking What are the chances of a no solder modchip?

Resident0

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cuz i totally suck at soldering, and i killed my PS2 soldering my chip for that.

I cant get anyone else to do it for me, cuz none of my family would feel comfy poking around in a complicated machine and if i tried to pay someone to solder it in for me at a store they would probably tell me its illegal and tell me to get lost.

So i hope they invent something like the no-solder xbox modchip because that rocked.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Ask around, Maybe your friends have soldering experience or know someone who can. Try craigslist.com/org (cant remember which) If you type in modding or something similar you should be able to find a professional in you're area.

Pizoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think you'll see any solderless drive mod chips. From what I've seen (I haven't opened up my Wii yet, so it's possible I'm wrong), there's no screw holes close to the solder points. You should really just practice on some old broken electronics until you feel comfortable enough.

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
There might be a softmod for the DVD drive in the near future. It depends on how Nintendo updates the firmware of the DVD drive. If they have the ability to, and I wouldn't doubt it, then a DVD flash would work temporarily until they fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ