what are the button combinations for the brightness setting?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by corr0126, Aug 16, 2011.

1. corr0126
    OP

Member corr0126 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I been playing my 3ds every and pressing the home button to lower and raise the brightness has become a hassle so I checked the manual to find out the button combos for the brightness setting and it say to press start and down or up to lower and raise the brightness and it also says that start+left or right on the d-pad lets you turn on the power save but it doesn't work for me I tried it a bunch of time am I missing something did Nintendo not activate the feature why doesn't it work? let me know

2. Hydreigon

Member Hydreigon Isn't that DELICIOUS!?

Antarctica
    I think the only way to change the brightness is through the home menu...

EDIT: This only goes for 3DS software. If you're playing DS or DSi games, you can press the home button and START+UP or START+DOWN to change the brightness.

3. bahamut920

Member bahamut920 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Are you playing a 3DS game or a DS/DSi game? Because from the manual's description, it looks like those specific controls only work for DS/DSi games, when you press the Home button to pause them. I've tested them with a DS game I own, and they do work.

4. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    That's only for DS/i games.

Edit: Whoops, too late.

5. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

I'm going to add to this, but you can also use START+LEFT or START+RIGHT to toggle battery-saving mode.