Gaming What are some things I should look for when purchasing a hackable PSP?

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm finally gonna give in and buy one now since the PSP Go came out which will hopefully lower the price of the originals.
What are some things I should look for?

iban88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i just got one myself a week ago

what i looked for (was told to look for xD)
psp slim(2000)
silver ^
firmware below 5.3 (if your planning to hack without the pandora or tool battery

and check walmart for a 20$ 4gb memory stick

thats all it was to it for me.
and im having a blast with it
happy.gif

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
OmerMe said:

It helps some but you should keep in mind that the box code is often missing, assuming you can find a new PSP 2000 at all. I do believe that all the silver ones are hackable (though many if not all are TA-088v2 so you can't create a pandora battery with them), though I can't be sure.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Buy one about 2 years old, I have purchased 2 recently second hand recently and asking when they got them is the best idea, the unhackable boards appeared Aug 08 so 2 years = hackable.

Original firmware - if the unit you are going to buy has LESS than 4.01 then it is hackable, 4.01 = only a maybe

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As far as I know, the newest 2000 motherboard is still TA-090 which if I remember correctly were hackable, so the newest 2000s should be hackable, but not the slightly older ones (TA-088v3). I haven't really paid that much attention to the whole motherboard thing recently except for when I got a PSP (TA-088v3 were the newest at that time, luckily I didn't get one), but I've picked up a few tidbits more recently. Of course the safest way is to just buy one you know is old enough to be hackable.

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I'm going to talk about myself for a bit -

Thing is, I don't know where I can get a second hand psp (2000), buying one here in Israel will cost pretty much the same as buying a new one over seas, and I don't really want to use eBay since I've never used it and heard all those stories.. xP

iban88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well gamestop should have them... and yes there is the issue with motherboard however when you use pident on the psp (after you got it of course) you can check if its right. if not just return it and try a new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence -