What actually slowhax is?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by OsQ_Oscar, Nov 9, 2016.

1. OsQ_Oscar
    OP

OsQ_Oscar Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2016
    China
    What actually slowhax is on the 3ds 11.1.0-34J system? Will slowhax requires dsiware software to purchase or only run an program specified for the exploit?

2. punderino

punderino aka Big-Dick Swinger

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Kansas City, Missouri
    No one knows yet. It's probably going to be a homebrew. So you just need a *hax entrypoint and you should be good.

3. OsQ_Oscar
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2016
    China
    Does that entrypoint needs a game cartidge to work?Or just some files on SD card?

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started
    Choose your device, then region, then firmware and it will tell you how to use homebrew.

5. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    It will only require regular homebrew access. That's any *hax that runs on 11.0/11.1. No DSiWare.

6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Correct, slowhax itself is an arm11 exploit like brahma/cakehax are.

Installing a dsiware save exploit (on a game that you must install first) is just one possible application.

7. OsQ_Oscar
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2016
    China
    After the author releases the slowhax exploit for 3ds 11.1.0-34J,does that means i need a game cartidge or something for the program to run?Or using the current entrypoint?But my 3ds 11.1.0-34J haven't hacked from the beginning

8. kurocygnus

kurocygnus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2015
    Brazil
    You'll need a primary entrypoint. Like Cubic Ninja or Freaky Forms Deluxe.

9. Justinde75

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    >thinks slowhax is ever going to release
    Guess thats why its called slowhax
    (I know why its called that)

10. kurocygnus

Newcomer
    May 22, 2015
    Brazil
    The people who have 11.0/11.1 (like me) needs the hope that slowhax is going to be released "Soon ™"

THEELEMENTKH and jt_1258 like this.
  11. Justinde75

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    I am on 11.0 too, since I softbricked and i've been waiting for a kernel exploit since march, I dont have any hope left

12. kurocygnus

Newcomer
    May 22, 2015
    Brazil
    Some people said that it's going to be released on/after the 33C3. Every "huge" exploit was released there. The 33C3 take place between Christmas and the New Year. So we still have to wait at least a month.

13. Justinde75

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    I thought it will be out till october but that didnt happen

14. FrankenMan

FrankenMan Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2016
    Trapped in your bootrom
    I think they're revealing it at Dec 27, the first day of the 33c3 event

15. dark_samus3

dark_samus3 GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2015
    United States
    There are a few different slowhax, actually. Both will get you what amounts to basically arm11 kernel access if exploited correctly. I'm currently working on slowhax myself, and me and someone else are planning to release exploits at the same time, I'll be exploiting the "original" (first publically documented on 3dbrew) slowhax (the other is veryslowpidhax, which will take quite a lot longer)

Estimate for when it'll be done, I honestly have no clue, it'll be done when it's done. On that note, I've just finished my testing setup so I can test without waiting hours (using a CFW and kernel access via it to patch things) and I've been messing around with timing. Looks like on old 3ds it'll be ~2 hours at least. On n3ds, it can be faster (using the extra cores and speed, ofc).

Once the exploit is finished, it'll be able to be run under any *hax entrypoint and should be relatively simple to run, you just have to wait :)

16. Lotoonlink

Lotoonlink Probably doesn't know what he's talking about

Aug 15, 2016
    United States
    How safe will it be when it's finished?
    Edit:Also, how long have you been working on this?

Last edited by Lotoonlink, Nov 12, 2016
    clancy94 likes this.
  17. kurocygnus

Newcomer
    May 22, 2015
    Brazil
    Good to know! Keep the good work! If you need some help, I am good in finding bugs on codes XD

18. dark_samus3

dark_samus3 GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2015
    United States
    It'll be as safe or safer than mch2 (since that has the chance of making the kernel crash mid downgrade due to corrupting some kernel objects) and will allow a user to install DSiwarehax using only one console that's on 11.1 or below. I've been working on it on-and-off for a week or so now, though most of that was me messing around with simple stuff, and dealing with a few stupid bugs/mistakes (it helps to enable the "all SVCs available" patch when trying to use an SVC which normally isn't available, heh) my patching code for making things go quick (again, under CFW) only took about an hour to write (and it really shouldn't have taken that long, but I was writing code when sleepy, which never gets me anywhere good) but the last thing I did was make sure that worked, and it was fine... Now comes the harder (arguably more fun, though) part which is actually exploiting the kernel. I have a few ideas, though the details are fuzzy at this point. I'll probably focus on that tomorrow/after I get some sleep

jt_1258, IssMare, clancy94 and 5 others like this.
  19. C0mm4nd_

C0mm4nd_ Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P

Oct 9, 2016
    Italy
    What 'bout running slowhax with secondary exploits? (like basehaxx, steelhax)

20. SnorlaxSquad

SnorlaxSquad Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2013
    United States
    There's no public documentation for veryslowpidhax? And what do you think about the assumption folks are making that slowhax will come out during 33C3?