Kayot

OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
How would I go about taking DLC content off my PS3 and using it on another PS3? Say one that is exploited and the game is on the hard disk where as mine has the physical game?

Is it even possible right now? I assume it's probably encrypted.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you are right, stuff from the PSN is usually assigned to a specific console upon installing. You can still find the data and move it, but probably get an error code when trying to launch it if you can enable access to it.

However, it is possible to create a program that decrypts it and encrypt it to fit your needs.

Edit:
I just had a thought process:

Would it be possible to download the same content on two different PS3's, take both encrypted files, compare them, the whole coding for the DLC should be the same, what should be different is the arbitrary string that ties it into a console. It may be possible to edit that arbitrary string to the one on your console. Edit the PS3 menu to enable access to your new content and viola?

Second Edit:
It may not even be console specific? Maybe as long as you have it in appropriate directories, games that use it will be able to find it. So many questions and I only have one PS3 with no Network access.... fuck

Kayot

OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Same boat dude. I need to get access to the PSN and buy all the Disgaea 3 DLC. I'd love to package it along side Disgaea 3.

How close can I get to saying I want to pirate away something before it becomes a topic about pirating? Is it links that's too far? Or is it in depth discussion? Or asking for pirated materials?

One last note, I hate DLC. In ten years from now when it's impossible to get the game and the only method of having the game is via pirating, DLC will permanently cripple it unless someone releases it. It would be like having a rom for SMB3 but you need a DLC for the raccoon tail. On the other hand Disgaea 2 for the PSP has DLC and while I generally disliked the play mechanics, I didn't miss anything without it.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're thinking it wrong, most DLC are added content from the full content (best example for this is Burn Out Paradise). But then we occassionally get things like Capcom and Arc System where it's just an unlock code for data already in the disc.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Go onto the other ps3, go to PSN store (while signed in on the account that you downloaded it with), go to download history, re-download and voila.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    E @ eenterx: i am the new user