Western Digital HDD/ Norton Ghost

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by luckwii, Jun 24, 2010.

1. luckwii
    OP

luckwii GBAtemp Fan

Apr 30, 2010
    United States
    I have two WD Elements 1.5TB drives. I am using one as my USB loader/running backup/storage device. The second is a backup duplicate of the first since I use the first with the Wii, movies, etc. I did an initial backup of everything to the second drive. Now, as I update my backup HDD, I am looking at methods of doing so. So far I am just dragging new data to each drive.

I was looking at Norton Ghost. Since I am already backed up and the data is on the backup only drive, will I have to start over? I am formatted on both HDDs to FAT32. Do you think Norton Ghost is a good idea, and will be easy to implement? Will I have to erase the data and start over with the backup drive in order to make the Ghost software work?

2. luckwii
    OP

luckwii GBAtemp Fan

Apr 30, 2010
    United States
    Still trying to figure out the best way to backup the laptop. Been doing a lot of research, but still can't figure out how I should back up with my above circumstance. Any ideas or methods?