Hardware Werid issue with Nyko Power Pak +

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the second time this has happened to me and I was wondering if it has happened to anyone else. I had 2 bars of battery last night, so I shut off my 3DS and put it in its charger. When I turned it on this morning, the light was green (meaning it was charged), but when I turned it on I still had 2 bars. Even weirder is the fact that when I put it back on the dock while it was in sleep mode, the light changed to green in less than a minute but the battery still showed 2 bars. Im wondering if something is screwed up with my battery pack. Has anyone else run into a similar issue? Should i return the pack and get a replacement (hopefully not losing all my StreetPass info) or try sending it back to Nyko?

Edit: Ok this is weird. While typing this post, the battery metter moved up to 3 bars. The 3DS was off the dock sitting on the table next to me. Is this normal behavior for the 3DS even with the stock battery?

olleb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gumbyx84 said:
This is the second time this has happened to me and I was wondering if it has happened to anyone else. I had 2 bars of battery last night, so I shut off my 3DS and put it in its charger. When I turned it on this morning, the light was green (meaning it was charged), but when I turned it on I still had 2 bars. Even weirder is the fact that when I put it back on the dock while it was in sleep mode, the light changed to green in less than a minute but the battery still showed 2 bars. Im wondering if something is screwed up with my battery pack. Has anyone else run into a similar issue? Should i return the pack and get a replacement (hopefully not losing all my StreetPass info) or try sending it back to Nyko?

Edit: Ok this is weird. While typing this post, the battery metter moved up to 3 bars. The 3DS was off the dock sitting on the table next to me. Is this normal behavior for the 3DS even with the stock battery?
i have never heard of this before.
my 3ds had never had eny problems with charging... i use the normal battery.

i guess this is a nyko powerpack+ only problem.

shawnanastasio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you must charge your powerpak+ using the official nintendo charger for the first time to get it to it's full capacity. i have a powerpak+ (no dock) and it works great.

EDIT: Also try draining the battery FULLY and charging it with nity charger

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
QUOTE said:
Werid issue with Nyko Power Pak +, Battery not charging on dock while system is off

I thought you just invented a new word there, but evidently you didn't. The internet continues to amaze me.

jhh.PNG

@ocean
I wasn't trying to make fun of gumby. In fact, his OP is well written compared to most I see around here.
Actually, curiosity just got the best of me so I googled 'werid' and found that somebody actually bothered to make a definition out of that specific typo in the Urban Dictionary.

The insanity of the internet is what I was trying to make fun of!
tongue.gif

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes I have that too. And I did charge it with the charger first.
It seems to have problems with the 3DS's overcharging protection or something because the cradle sometimes turns green and only goes on charging when I lift it from the cradle and put it back.

@Snailface: Well it could have been a simple typo. No need to pull off that grammar stuff. Also I find it much more annoying when people add a ' when they're talking about multiples. Like "I got a box of cookie's" or some shit like that. And I see that EVERYWHERE.

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oceanborn712 said:
Yes I have that too. And I did charge it with the charger first.
It seems to have problems with the 3DS's overcharging protection or something because the cradle sometimes turns green and only goes on charging when I lift it from the cradle and put it back.

@Snailface: Well it could have been a simple typo. No need to pull off that grammar stuff. Also I find it much more annoying when people add a ' when they're talking about multiples. Like "I got a box of cookie's" or some shit like that. And I see that EVERYWHERE.
Good to know I'm not the only one having this problem. I charged the battery pack with the charger first (without the dock) as well. Ocean, have you talked with Nyko tech support about this? I haven't because I thought it was just my pak.

And yes, it was a typo.

mdlmemorybank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i had this problem , the doc said the battery was charged but the 3ds said it was dead lol then over the day i gained battery life since the meeter worked it way up to full as the day went on be for going back down again lol

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its a problem with the chip in the battery and dock the regulates the charging. I think I'm going to email/call Nyko about hit and see what they say. I'm guessing they will tell me to send the battery in for a replacement, but that means I need to be careful I don't screw it up when I swap in the original battery (the StreetPass issue).

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No I haven't talked to Nyko, since I'm in Germany and there really isn't much point in sending something cheap as this over to the US anyway. Could just buy a 2nd one instead of paying the shipping.
It's not a big problem for me anyway. I'll just take the 3DS off the cradle and put it back when I see green light until it turns green right away.

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See when I did that, it didnt charge again.

I understand why you don't care to get in contact with Nyko. I think I might give it a try just to see what they say. Couldn't hurt.

Update: I had my 3DS shut off for most of the day and when I just turned it on, it said I had full battery life. Starting to think the problem is with the 3DS registering the larger charge the battery pack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.