Weird Wiimote button delays

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by MRsonic699, Jan 4, 2015.

1. MRsonic699
    OP

MRsonic699 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2011
    Brasov, Romania
    So I'm trying to play Rhythm Heaven Fever, I have no input lag on my TV but sometimes when I press the A button it just gets delayed by half a second or a little more. It happens in all minigames, and I tried multiple Wii remotes. The weird thing is that it didn't happen before, I beat the game long ago without problems, and it's not a problem with the Wiimotes. I don't think this ever happened to me in another Wii game, so it's really weird. I'm playing the Japanese version of the game on my 4.1E Wii through CFGUSBloader v70r78

Has anyone heard of anything like this? I'd really like to somehow fix it so I can enjoy this game again. Thanks a ton in advance

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
  3. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Try replacing the Wiimote batteries? I found that it tends to not react occasionally if batteries are running low, but it's hard to tell until you replace them.

4. MRsonic699
    OP

Jun 30, 2011
    Brasov, Romania
    Tried with different pairs of batteries on multiple Wiimotes, it certainly isn't the case. Also, found out that at certain times it doesn't register an input at all.

There you go then, thankfully it didn't freeze on any of them. My Wii was modded quite a couple of years ago, and it's the Black Wii Sports Resort version (not Family Edition)
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You're using outdated cIOS files that have been known to at least have issues with cursor lag. Drag your sysCheck into ModMii and let it download the appropriate files. It will output a set of instructions for you to follow.

6. MRsonic699
    OP

Jun 30, 2011
    Brasov, Romania
    Right, did that. I thought it fixed it, but it didn't quite. Thanks a ton either way. Found out that at any point the Wiimote inputs just freeze for half a second or so (as in, even if I was pushing a button at a certain time, it will stay pushed for more than it should, virtually. My remotes are physically fine). It's a really strange issue.

7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Could you post a new sysCheck?

8. MRsonic699
    OP

Jun 30, 2011
    Brasov, Romania
    Sure thing, here you go
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

9. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Make sure you're loading the game with IOS249. If that doesn't solve the problem, I would recommend testing a copy of the game from a different source. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

MRsonic699 likes this.
  10. MRsonic699
    OP

Jun 30, 2011
    Brasov, Romania
    Oh wow, it was set by default on IOS248. That did the trick, actually, I didn't know it was a thing. Thank you a lot, really! And sorry for the trouble

11. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    It was no trouble. I'm glad you got it working. For future reference, your setup is designed so that ~99% of games can be loaded with IOS249, and most of the rest can be loaded with IOS250.

12. MRsonic699
    OP

Jun 30, 2011
    Brasov, Romania
    Fantastic, that should be great. IOSes are really confusing, this really helped.

13. tozevleal

tozevleal Probably the last VinsCool lonk clone :P

Jul 14, 2011
    Portugal
    Somewhere
    Did you tryed to connect your wiimote to your phone/tablet/pc just to see if it is the wii bluetooth module problem