Gaming weird updating issue with m33 cfw

anofrei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys, i seem to be having some weird update issues, im currently on 3.71 m33 and im trying to update to 5.00 m33. the problem is everytime i run the program i get it to download the 5.00.pbp and after it has downloaded it, it says invalid file, so i also tried to download it straight from daxs site and get the same issue.

I also attempted to update it by going to 3.80 m33 with the hopes of going from there to 5.00 m33, but again it gives the same error, im kind of at my wits end about this at the moment so im hoping someone here is able to shed some light on whats wrong with it and how to get it going again.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
try making a pandora battery and magic memory stick and use them to update. then you should be sweet. or try Hellcat's Recovery Flasher v1.5, it'll flash a 5.00 m33 firmware when supplied with a 500.pbp. try either of those. Hellcats Recovery Flasher is probably easier, but with pandora if something goes wrong, you can use pandora to unbrick anyway. if you have a pandora already, try hellcats recovery flasher, its easier, and if soemthing goes wrong use the pandora to unbrick.

anofrei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks for the reply, my only issue is i have never needed pandoras battery since i did my psp with the gta hack, but i have kind of been out of touch with the scene for a while so im not too sure where this other tool is or how it works specifically.

anofrei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i have tried Hellcats Recovery Flasher, but i had the same issue, i have also tried every single update from the m33 range thats above my current cfw but all it will say now is incorrect file, can anyone tell me whats going on with these damn machine or even a simple fix thx for any help.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok i think you're gonna have to use pandora. i've never done this, but have read at great length about it. download this and this. Connect your psp to pc. Copy run Rain's UltraLite MMS Maker for 5.00 M33-4. (You may want to back up first, as you have to format your memory stick i think) This will make a magic Memory Stick. Then copy UltraPandore Installer to your memory stick. Exit usb mode and run UltraPandora Installer. Go to battery options, make battery pandora. Once thats done, exit and shutdown psp. restart holding L. You'll boot into despertar del cementerio. select install 5.00m33-4. Allow this to do its thing. It'll tell you to press a button to shutdown. press that button. now turn on, without holding L. it should work fine. If not, remove battery and start on ac power, then insert battery, run Ultra Pandora Installer and go to battery options, make battery normal. If it works without making battery normal, leave everything as it is, so if you ever brick, you can just turn on holding L and unbrick. Hope that helps.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
What exactly are you doing? Have you simply done the following:-

Get the 5.00 M33 CFW from here and the 5.00 OFW eboot from here. Decompress both.
Copy the UPDATE folder from the 5.00M33 archive to /PSP/GAME/
Put the 500.PBP in to that same UPDATE folder
Run the Update from the XMB
Update to 5.00M33-6 (you could have gone here direct but little steps save extra issues)

anofrei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its all cool now i figured what was going on, i put everything in the correct place and i also downloaded the 500.pbp file several times just in case of a bad download but none of it worked. Im still not 100% sure on what caused this issue all i know is i did a format on my ms just to be safe, turned off all the hacks in the recovery menu, then put the updater and 500.pbp back onto the ms and it worked straight away.

So im assuming it was either one of the hacks i had running, i had some corrupt data i didn`t know about on the ms causing the update to fail or it was some other random factor causing it that was on my ms at the time before the format.

N3WB0Y

Trophies
XP
Country
anofrei said:
hey guys, i seem to be having some weird update issues, im currently on 3.71 m33 and im trying to update to 5.00 m33. the problem is everytime i run the program i get it to download the 5.00.pbp and after it has downloaded it, it says invalid file, so i also tried to download it straight from daxs site and get the same issue.

I have updated a couple of PSP's via Pandora, and I ran into this same problem today (24/July/2009). The download via the official update (intercepted by M33) only puts a 4kB 500.PBP file into the UPDATE FOLDER... this file is obviously invalid. The process I went thru:
  • Copy current GAME/UPDATE folder off PSP onto PC
  • Download 500.PBP from abovementioned rapidshare onto PC and overwrite 500.PBP in above folder on PC
  • Format memory stick on PSP
  • Copy GAME/UPDATE folder (with new 500.PBP file) back onto PSP
  • Turn off PSP and then back on
  • Go to GAME section on PSP and execute "Update to V5.00 M33"
  • Wait until UPDATE has performed, then X to shutdown
  • Turn back on --- blue screen -- press "O"
  • That's it... enter your settings (date, time, location, etc)
Hope this helps someone else... I came to GBAtemp and searched for "Invalid File" and this was the most relevant topic I found.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw