Weird theme problem in UNLINKED emuNAND

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Trinitro21, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Trinitro21
    OP

Trinitro21 Backslash!

Oct 14, 2015
    Userland
    Yes, my NANDs are unlinked. I have a n3DS 9.2.0-20U sysNAND and 10.5.0-30U emuNAND with reiNAND 3.2.
    This is the third time I've set up an emuNAND on a downgraded 3DS, so I'm not that new to this.

My problem is that whenever I try to install a theme in emuNAND, it appears to change the emuNAND theme - until I reboot. Then I see that the sysNAND theme was changed instead, and when I get menuhax set up again and boot into emuNAND, it has a blank theme, and I have to unwrap all my downloaded games and installed CIAs again. I have tried both CHMM2 through the hblauncher_loader CIA, which has worked before, and through an installed CIA made with Howling Theme Tool.

I don't know if this affects anything, but in the middle of downgrading, SafeSysUpdater crashed, and I got a frankenfirmware. It thought my version was still 9.8, and none of the system titles would launch, including the browser. However I have OoT3D and was able to get back into homebrew and complete the downgrade. Again, I don't know if this affects anything but I do know that the more information, the better.

2. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    Why don't you try to make the themes into .cia files and install them? Also, do you enter the homebrew launcher in sysnand or in emunand? If you do it before you see the reinand image, it's sysnand. Care with that.

3. smileyhead

smileyhead I am DEFINITELY a madman with a box.

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    Are you sure your NANDs are unlinked? This ^ should only happen if they're linked.

Last edited by smileyhead, Feb 15, 2016
  4. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    I don't think your nands are unlinked. If they were, sysnand theme would not change. unless you have it set to the theme shuffle option.

5. VaiCorunthians

VaiCorunthians GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2014
    Brazil
    of course are linked..

6. Trinitro21
    OP

Trinitro21 Backslash!

Oct 14, 2015
    Userland
    I did try to make the themes into CIA files. And I'm absolutely sure that I entered the homebrew launcher in emuNAND; the hblauncher CIA is only installed there.
    If my NANDs are linked, would I be able to update emuNAND without updating sysNAND? I used TinyFormat to unlink my emuNAND.

7. smileyhead

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    I don't think so. Just unlink them, it's not hard. You just have to format sysNand, and setup a HB Entrypoint again.

8. pbanj

pbanj The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    in a ziploc
    He said he used tinyformat already so his nands are unlinked.

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yes, you would.
    I don't know exactly what you did, but there's no way this would happen if your NANDs were unlinked, so I suggest you unlink them again and see if the issue still persists.

10. Trinitro21
    OP

Trinitro21 Backslash!

Oct 14, 2015
    Userland
    Well, I could have sworn that I had unlinked them. That worked. Sorry for all the trouble.

11. smileyhead

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    No problem, you're welcome! ^_^