Weird screen on TV

Zane_Julien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, so, i'm not sure if "books, music, tv and movies means what i'm thinking, but here's my thing:
A couple of months ago, I had a blue screen for a couple of seconds while I was watching TV (on Sat.1), which didn't seem to crazy to me since it just looked like an normal technical error. But, also a few months ago, I was watching TV again (on ProSieben this time), and got a weird screen (see the image) for a few seconds, then it dissapeared and I saw the normal program, then returned again for some seconds, dissapeared, and returned again for a moment. What could this be?

Attachments

• 20201229_205055.jpg
    20201229_205055.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 119

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is more for Books, TV shows, films and the like that are coming out.

We have certainly fixed enough screens around here though.

Anyway will struggle to say here.
Worst case scenario your decoder board is on the way out and that is a "lost connection" type deal and what it defaults to in that scenario.
Could be a loose/bad cable. This however would tend to be accompanied by some info on the TV like you had changed the source or something.
Could be an error in the satellite receiver (this especially if the screen did not flash up with any info like you had just changed the channel or turned it on).
Could be an error in the transmission, could be an error at the station making the feed.

If it starts to happen more often then I would be concerned as death of boards is quite often a progressive affair as things get worse. However without running a nice bunch of tests it is going to be hard to say.

Zane_Julien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is more for Books, TV shows, films and the like that are coming out.

We have certainly fixed enough screens around here though.

Anyway will struggle to say here.
Worst case scenario your decoder board is on the way out and that is a "lost connection" type deal and what it defaults to in that scenario.
Could be a loose/bad cable. This however would tend to be accompanied by some info on the TV like you had changed the source or something.
Could be an error in the satellite receiver (this especially if the screen did not flash up with any info like you had just changed the channel or turned it on).
Could be an error in the transmission, could be an error at the station making the feed.

If it starts to happen more often then I would be concerned as death of boards is quite often a progressive affair as things get worse. However without running a nice bunch of tests it is going to be hard to say.
Thanks for the Reply! It's a Grundig TV, and I didn't change the source or anything, I was just watching TV through cable and was currently recording on the channel it occured. I've never seen this before, and it never happened again. It didn't tell me anything, no text and no sound, just this picture.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the Reply! It's a Grundig TV, and I didn't change the source or anything, I was just watching TV through cable and was currently recording on the channel it occured. I've never seen this before, and it never happened again. It didn't tell me anything, no text and no sound, just this picture.
If it has not happened again then one time fault somewhere.

If it happened every so often, or with increasing frequency, or you could induce it to happen (wiggling lead, turning light on in the same room, windy outside...) then that would be one thing.

One time thing. Could be something still but most likely nothing.

Zane_Julien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If it has not happened again then one time fault somewhere.

If it happened every so often, or with increasing frequency, or you could induce it to happen (wiggling lead, turning light on in the same room, windy outside...) then that would be one thing.

One time thing. Could be something still but most likely nothing.
This doesn't happen often or frequently, I can only remember this two times. Switching the light on or anything else doesn't change anything, the only thing is that moving the cable changes the quality of the program, and creates normal issues, not anything strange like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2