Hacking Weird problem with Homebrew Channel

brento

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. For some reason, some apps work when loaded though homebrew channel (preloader installer, rawk sd installer both work for example) but other just make the screen go black and freeze (cioscorp installer, cios downgraded both freeze)

Any help would be appreciated

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
help would lie with:

is your wii LU64+?

4.2 with subbed ios 60

and if your wii is either LU64+ or 4.2 with ios 60 stubbed:

NEVER EVER USE CIOSCORP OR CIOS DOWNGRADER

please post with more details please
lecture.gif

and that could be in the hackmii installer installed correctly

try a patched ios36 trucha es_identify nand

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had a similar problem with apps freezing on black screen. So i reinstalled a fully patched IOS36 with DopIOS(Trucha, ES_Identify, Nand) and everything worked fine again. But be carefull when using apps like DopIOS.
By the way my problems started when i uninstalled CIOSCorp, so think about using CIOSCorp. I do not say it is bad, but you should know what you are doing, when using it.

brento

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'll try and explain my problem with more detail. My first post was done from my iPod Touch and it sucks to write on it so I kept it brief.

I had CiosCorp installed on my Wii, which was running 4.1U. I had no problems whatsoever.
A few days ago, I ran the Wii Shop Channel update, not knowing that it would upgrade me to 4.2. Thankfully my BootMii and HBC were updated to the point that they were not deleted.
I figured I would simply run Cios Downgrader (which I have done before with no problem) and downgrade to 3.2, then update back to 4.1. However, HBC froze when trying to run Cios Downgrader. (BTW, my Homebrew Channel is not completely up to date. When I try and update it, it says something about a fakesigned ios)

I tried using Dop-IOS to reinstall IOS 36 but it gives me an error message.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to 4.2? Then your problem is that you now have a stubbed IOS249 that doesn't do anything except take up space. So apps that try to access it freeze.

Go through the stuff in the 4.2 modding guide to get everything working again. Also, why downgrade to 3.1 and then upgrade to 4.2 when you could simply go to 4.1 directly?

brento

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrostemp said:
make a wad with nus downloader of ios36 and and install it, you will beable to update all twiizer related apps

ok, i downloaded ios36 using nus downloader, and i now have a 00000001 folder. How do i turn this into a wad?

brento

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, it seems that when I open Wad Manager and try and use ios249 to install wads, the wii simply freezes
frown.gif

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
brento said:
Hmm, it seems that when I open Wad Manager and try and use ios249 to install wads, the wii simply freezes
frown.gif

as youve already been told, you probably have a stubbed ios249 from the 4.2 update. use trucha bug restorer to downgrade ios15, patch ios36 then restore ios15, use any title deleter mod running on ios36 to delete ios222, 223, 249 and 250, then install waninkoko's cios38 rev14.

or if you dont have any need for waninkoko's cios (ie. arent going to be using any backup loaders or nand emulation), just follow the trucha bug restorer step, and run wad manager of ios36.

brento

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0M39A said:
brento said:
frown.gif

as youve already been told, you probably have a stubbed ios249 from the 4.2 update. use trucha bug restorer to downgrade ios15, patch ios36 then restore ios15, use any title deleter mod running on ios36 to delete ios222, 223, 249 and 250, then install waninkoko's cios38 rev14.

or if you dont have any need for waninkoko's cios (ie. arent going to be using any backup loaders or nand emulation), just follow the trucha bug restorer step, and run wad manager of ios36.

Thanks so much for your help, but when I try and use Trucha Bug Restorer 1.1 to downgrade ios15, it says:

Error: ES-AddTitleStart returned -1035, maybe you need an updated Downgrader

Error: ES Could not set the revision to 0

Any ideas? I'm so close to getting this issue resolved!

Thanks
smile.gif

Gino_Drago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
As you had at the beggining CIOSCORP the update from Nintendo to 4.2 didnt really fully upgraded your Wii..it just became a mess of CIOSCORP and 4.2 because Nintendo couldnt manage the versions of the IOSes that CIOSCORP puts on them and it just added the Sustem Menu IOS70 and others that were noy previously present.

Most of your current IOS are still the ones that came from CIOSCORP and some others are from the update of Nintendo.

I guess you have stubbed IOS249 ,222,223 and 60...so dont DOWNGRADE by any means!!!!.

It is my undertanding that your IOS36 is still patched, so you shouldnt need to use TBR.

I think you should:

1] use anytitledeleter using IOS36 to delete your IOS249 and 250.
2] run the cIOS38 rev14 installer
3] run the cisocorp V3.5 uninstaller or installer if you still want cioscorp.

Take a Backup using BootMii FIRST

brento

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gino_Drago said:
Hi,
As you had at the beggining CIOSCORP the update from Nintendo to 4.2 didnt really fully upgraded your Wii..it just became a mess of CIOSCORP and 4.2 because Nintendo couldnt manage the versions of the IOSes that CIOSCORP puts on them and it just added the Sustem Menu IOS70 and others that were noy previously present.

Most of your current IOS are still the ones that came from CIOSCORP and some others are from the update of Nintendo.

I guess you have stubbed IOS249 ,222,223 and 60...so dont DOWNGRADE by any means!!!!.

It is my undertanding that your IOS36 is still patched, so you shouldnt need to use TBR.

I think you should:

1] use anytitledeleter using IOS36 to delete your IOS249 and 250.
2] run the cIOS38 rev14 installer
3] run the cisocorp V3.5 uninstaller or installer if you still want cioscorp.

Take a Backup using BootMii FIRST

thanks mate, i'll try this
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: can troll SylverReZ the following day :)