vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
About a week or so ago I put the USB loader GX channel on my wii.

Today I try to run the hermes cios installer and the network cannot initialize. However, inside of USB loader GX I can download Ocarina cheats and game covers. Also Homebrew browser has issues initializing the network but it has worked once or twice.

The homebrew channel can initialize the network and has the correct IP, but the apps within the homebrew channel can't seem to get access to that information and I have no idea why.

A connection test in the system settings menu passes and asks me if I want to update. And since usb loader GX can get me cheats and covers then I know that the wifi is working. I just have no idea what is causing everything in HBC to now be affected.

The usb loader channel was my only change to the systems configuration lately. I uninstalled the channel but that did not help. I am on 4.0U now, I am considering updating to 4.1U.

Anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this?

vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the hbc apps will eventually work but you have to try them over and over before they initialize the network. not sure what has happened but it was not this difficult before to do network based installs.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just wait on homebrew channel until it says you network IP address on the top left when you press home.
it usually takes like 10-15 seconds.

then run your cios installers.

vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
your talking about the globe in the bottom corner?

the HBC doesnt have a problem with getting the network info, it's the apps which are called by the HBC. It is like whenever I installed USB Loader GX it ran something which changed the permissions which these apps use.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
ive always had this problem, and have yet to be able to resolve it.

can play games online, homebrew browser works fine, mplayer_ce can play via smb or youtube videos, internet channel works, can update via the system menu and ironically, download covers in usbloader_gx.

what i CANT do is:
cios installers (waninkoko's and hermes)
waninkoko's system menu updater
update usbloader_gx
dop-ios online

strange problem hey? tried everything i can think of. reset router to stock, turned off all router security, wiiconnect24 turned on and off, no usb devices plugged in, no gc memory cards or controllers, different sd cards... you name it, im pretty sure ive tried it. had the problem for as long as i can remember (from at least 3.0 (or whenever i started playing with homebrew) right up till 4.1)

would love some more suggestions though
biggrin.gif

buckely

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm writing in this topic cause i haven't seen this issue solved yet and i have a similar problem.
I just booted up my wii after a bit of a long break from it. The wii connects to the internet just fine, as does my emulators when checking for updates. usb loader gx is 50/50. Homebrew channel will not initilize network. the globe flashes then goes gray. I've tried many times to no avail. I never had this problem before, but this was back in january. has anything changed with homebrew channel to cause this issue since january?

buckely

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just did that when i saw a new version came out, not the network icon just keeps flashing, it still never initializes. I'm gonna try messing with my router. Thanks for the reply though!!

****Edit****
My router shows that my wii is connected and maintaining a connection and i see nothing blocking it from the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up