Weird horizontal line while scrolling

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by marchrius, Apr 3, 2015.

1. marchrius
    OP

marchrius GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2015
    Italy
    Hi guys, got a strange problem with my just soft modded Wii. I tried to catch the problem in a video:

it is from Galaxy 2: watch closely the edges of the black circle (watch the video in HD). You can notice a sort of horizontal line while I scroll up/down. In a video isn't very noticeable but definitely is in person. It looks more like the image is "splitted" rather than a simple horizontal line. It is always on the same spot: a bit above half screen.

I noticed this problem with my wbfs files and using physical discs too: I tried Super Mario Galaxy in Wii U and it works perfect w/out lines. Then put the same disc on this Wii, got the line. So the problem is not a bad dump or similar, using discs is the same.

I soft modded this Wii as soon as I got it so I can't tell if this "line" thing was here even before the soft mod but I suspect no. What would you do? I did a very "dirty" soft mod with "pimp my wii" because it was the only one that let me fully mod it without using an old Wii remote/GC controller (all I have is a new Wii remote with motion plus inside). Many installers/homebrews I found refused to work with my Wii remote so I used PMW. Do you think that I should re-mod my Wii again to see if I can solve the issue?

edit: if you can't see the issue, try to set a low play speed on YT. trust me, it's VERY noticeable in person

2. marchrius
    OP

marchrius GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2015
    Italy
    nvm, I almost went crazy but in the end I figured out it was TV fault. It doesn't like SCART very much I think. Oh well, I'll buy a component cable and see if the problem goes away. At least, it's not a Wii problem

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice