Hardware Weird EZ Flash Omega problem...

Galvanicus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is weird. Just got my Omega. Works great. Except some directories aren't appearing. I have GBA, GB, NES, Translated and Homebrew directories. They work just fine. However I have some patched roms in a directory called Sports. They're NES roms. This directory flat out WILL NOT SHOW UP when I boot my GBA. All the others do, but this one doesn't. It's definitely there as I check the SD card on my PC and it's right there. But the Omega won't show it.

What the hell am I doing wrong? These are patched roms of RBI Baseball etc... And the patched roms from Tecmobowl.org.

Last edited by Galvanicus,

Cartoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is weird. Just got my Omega. Works great. Except some directories aren't appearing. I have GBA, GB, NES, Translated and Homebrew directories. They work just fine. However I have some patched roms in a directory called Sports. They're NES roms. This directory flat out WILL NOT SHOW UP when I boot my GBA. All the others do, but this one doesn't. It's definitely there as I check the SD card on my PC and it's right there. But the Omega won't show it.

What the hell am I doing wrong? These are patched roms of RBI Baseball etc... And the patched roms from Tecmobowl.org.

Do you have placed the directory sports in another directory? Since the Omega flash cart can only handle files 1 directory down (don't know why this is)

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
If its issue with certain files not showing up like I experienced, I got a fix for you. Ctrl+A all your files, right click, go to the advanced button on the bottom of the first properties tab that comes up (tell you how many fiels you selected and all that).
There should be a tickbox for indexing. Make sure its ticked. Then press ok/apply.
That should help the missing files show up.

Of course I don't have a PC on me right now and Im recalling this purely from memory so I might have made an error but I think you can figure it out from what I said.

Deleted member 449728

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Observed the similar issue when 32Gb SD card was formatted with ExFAT (card was formatted on macbook): no directories visible in GBA except one created by Omega - SAVER
Solved by (backup first!) reformatting to MS-DOS(FAT) and copying files back

ShrekDTH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, i got the same problem but can solve it. Try to make a new folder on your sd card an cut an paste the roms to the new folder on your sd card. After that, delete the original folder an rename the new one to the name of your old folder. That worked fine for me. I think it has something to do with datatransfer from windows to the sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==