Weird "Could not access SD card" error [AA6 DLC]

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by OrganicSpasm, Jan 13, 2017.

1. OrganicSpasm
    OP

OrganicSpasm Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2014
    Australia
    I have encountered a rather peculiar error that appears whenever I try to launch the DLC cases of Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice. This is what I'm talking about:

[​IMG]

I've bought the game legitimately when it came out. However, the DLC was "purchased" through Freeshop. After successfully downloading and installing the files, they do appear in my system settings, but are not recognized by the game (even though they appear in the case selection screen). It should say "purchased", but instead I'm being asked to purchase:

[​IMG]

I tried reformatting the card multiple times and everything but the AA6 DLC works just fine. I've also tried completely erasing the game (+ DLC) and reinstalling it multiple times.
    One time, when I tried downloading the DLC through CIAngel for testing purposes, I got one of the cases to launch, but after restarting the game and all went back to normal, meaning bad.

I'm running the EU versions of both the game and the DLC. Has anyone on this board been able to launch the EU DLC after installing it with Freeshop, CIAngel or FBI? I'm fresh out of ideas.

EDIT: Luma3DS (latest), al9h, sys 11.2.0.35

2. windhazard

windhazard GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Google "Run DLC out of region NTR language emulation plugin"

3. OrganicSpasm
    OP

OrganicSpasm Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2014
    Australia
    NTR is incompatible with my firmware.
    Also, why do you think it's a language problem? The regions are identical and the only possible language for both the game and the DLC is english.

4. XRaTiX

XRaTiX GBAtemp Regular

Apr 19, 2016
    I had this problem too,I just reinstall the DLC and everything works fine,weird that you can't do that.

5. OrganicSpasm
    OP

OrganicSpasm Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2014
    Australia
    Does it say "purchased" in the DLC section for you?

6. kurocygnus

kurocygnus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2015
    Brazil
    I'm getting the same error, on the US version. Same situation, legit game but freeshop'ed DLCs. Maybe it's a thing with the game in particular.

7. XRaTiX

XRaTiX GBAtemp Regular

Apr 19, 2016
    I purchased the 2 first dlc so they are marked as "purchased",the third dlc I downloaded in the freeshop,but its marked to "purchase",so its think I don't have the dlc but i have it.

8. omarroms

omarroms GBAtemp Regular

Nov 26, 2002
    United States
    The Internet
    after installing the dlc, the dlc episodes will appear in episode select at the end of the list. you cannot start them from the purchase screen.

if you are getting the sd card issue, maybe your sd card is corrupt or dying and maybe you need a new one. or your 3ds sd card slot is having trouble reading the sd card.

Last edited by omarroms, Jan 14, 2017
  9. OrganicSpasm
    OP

OrganicSpasm Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2014
    Australia
    And you can also play it without issues, huh. Which means it doesn't matter what the in-game store says. Thanks!

Obviously. The purchase screen only functions as an indicator for me. Apparently it's not a very reliable one, though.

I'd be really happy if it was just that, but how does every other thing on my SD card work flawlessly then?

10. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Entering eShop or entering the ingame DLC shop will cause the DLC to be automatically deleted.

11. MuratTemp

MuratTemp GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Ntr is working on that firmware,just like mine,don't talk shit

12. OrganicSpasm
    OP

OrganicSpasm Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2014
    Australia
    Holy shit, you might be right. After reinstalling everything AND not going to the ingame store, I got the Time Traveler case to work. Gonna try this with the other cases and report back.
    It's kinda weird that I could still see the DLC in the system settings when the game supposedly "deleted it". But who gives a shit.

Alright then.