Weird COD:WAW Freezes and Odd Bugs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LegendaryXM90, Nov 22, 2008.

Nov 22, 2008
  1. LegendaryXM90
    OP

Member LegendaryXM90 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I burned NTSC COD:WAW like last week on a Memorex Printable 16x DVD-R at 2x, and everything works pretty damn good.

I have a 3.3Uv1 Wii with Backup Loader 0.3g.

There are a lot of issues though:

- In some areas, parts of the ground, terrain, and objects are missing, like they didn't get rendered or didn't load correctly as I was entering the area. Such areas as the first airfield assault where you have to blow up the tanks

- In the same area, the game will freeze for about 10 seconds after walking for a little bit on the missing terrain or after shooting a tank, while you can still hear maybe a footstep or a lone gunshot every few seconds, then it unfreezes and repeats every maybe 30 seconds

- Some areas I get a random freeze similar to No More Heroes (except not in a particular spot like NMH) where the game freezes and the TV makes a high pitched buzzing noise

- Sometimes during online, I enter the game, but my character doesn't load. I can see the radar/map with my teammates moving around, that yellow bar on the bottom, kill displays on the bottom left, my weapon on the bottom right (I can still change it oddly enough), and whatever else is part of the interface ingame. However, the part of the screen that you actually play on is black (can't see the area, can't see my weapon, can't see enemies, nothing, just black). During this bug, after I exit the game from the menu (I can still press 1 and 2 on the Wiimote to bring up the menu and the scoreboard), the game hangs on a black screen.

- (Here is where I currently am), I'm currently stuck on the mission where you first get to drive the (Russian) tank. I have completed this mission maybe around 5 times, and after the Russian guy proclaims victory on your radio, the screen dims out presumably for a loading screen, but what I get as the screen dims out is the compass staying on the bottom left of the screen, not being able to press the HOME button, and an audio loop that sounds like a bunch of guys in a mess hall eating or something, most notably with a guy with a deep voice shouting something that sounds like "DUGOOO. OOOOSSS." The game has frozen here every time and I cannot get past this mission. I've tried ejecting and inserting the disc multiple times, but that doesn't help anything.

Would this be a media issue or is something just plain wrong with the game? Should I try to burn it again faster? Would IOS Patching it to 249 help?

2. Phratt

Member Phratt GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Its your DVDs, ummm, I'm guessing....Don't use memorex? From my experience, they are horrible.

3. Egonny

Member Egonny GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    Try burning at 4x?

4. WhiteWingedKnigh

Member WhiteWingedKnigh GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Was it a 1:1 Copy? or ISO off the internet?

5. LegendaryXM90
    OP

United States
    ISO (from the guy here who dumped it).

6. magic12

Member magic12 GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    3.3e pal
    verabit dvd-r burned at 8x
    1:1 copy
    wiigator 0.3 gamma

i dont have any problems

7. LegendaryXM90
    OP

United States
    Hmm...it's probably my media then.

I hope the DVDs my friend is getting me tomorrow help out the situation.

8. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    check the ID of the disc with ImgBurn and if it 2nd class media, burn it at 8X, I'm using Memorex +R and have no problems (not printable, but still) DVD Class List

9. LegendaryXM90
    OP

United States
    Haha! Great! Thanks ether! It was indeed second class media, so I reburned it at 8x, and that fixed the tank mission freeze!

A mod can close this topic now. [​IMG]

10. WhiteWingedKnigh

Member WhiteWingedKnigh GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How would you know whats 1st 2nd or 3rd class disks?

11. zerof

Member zerof GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Get Nero DiscSpeed(Free) or DVDInfoPro(Trial) or check with ImgBurn