Weird bugs(?) after updating CFW (NOOB)

GravityLoL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
After updating my CFW to newest Atmosphere and installing newest firmware on my Emunand, some weird bug started to happen.
Today morning game i usually played refused to load and crashed. I Tried different ( one i legally owned in cartridge) and it crashed too, right after selecting. I tried to enter HBMenu and got Atmosphere crash. What's weird is that it happened and suddenyl stopped after i rebooted the console.

I updated my payload, sigpatches, keys, hekate and fusee, I didn't downloaded any new games at all since the update, just installed few updates for ones i already own.

I try to locate folder which is responsible for it but can't find any.

Any ideas?

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok next thing you can try is delete all the things related to Atmosphere and download a fresh copy and then put them back on the SD… obviously make backups if you have to.

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sounds like a auto Nogc issue
you can turn it on and off in Hekate
or add nogc = 0 to your BCT.ini

edit:sry i misread the whole thing ,i just got the part about using an original game cart

you could try loading trough hekate rather then fusée
or try a fresh install of atmosphere
boot onto your sysnand see if you have the same issue

Last edited by pinbi7,

GravityLoL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay guys, i think i found a culprit behind all of these:

Corrupted Switch stock theme file

After i performed update, i wanted to change Switch's theme to custom, so i run themzer and stuff again. It resulted in a crash and then i had to remove contents folder to fix it up ( IDK why custom theme didn't wanted to work, i updated everything correctly and dumped home menu too).

What was weird that after removing whole contents folder (again) it would still leave some elements from failed custom theme instalation. Like, for example, Quick Menu sliders collors.

I changed to another stock theme and it stopped crashes. I switched back to the theme that was "customized" and crashes were happening again.

So i'm stuck with this ugly, eyes burning white stock theme now.

Reactions: impeeza

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys, i think i found a culprit behind all of these:

Corrupted Switch stock theme file

After i performed update, i wanted to change Switch's theme to custom, so i run themzer and stuff again. It resulted in a crash and then i had to remove contents folder to fix it up ( IDK why custom theme didn't wanted to work, i updated everything correctly and dumped home menu too).

What was weird that after removing whole contents folder (again) it would still leave some elements from failed custom theme instalation. Like, for example, Quick Menu sliders collors.

I changed to another stock theme and it stopped crashes. I switched back to the theme that was "customized" and crashes were happening again.

So i'm stuck with this ugly, eyes burning white stock theme now.
Maybe you should try backing up all of your files then formatting the SD card to clear any elements from the previous failed custom theme installations.

GravityLoL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe you should try backing up all of your files then formatting the SD card to clear any elements from the previous failed custom theme installations.
gonna try it once i'll have enough free time for that, will let you know how it went.
So far, nothing weird has happened since then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom