Gaming Weird blotches on screen.

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Took my slim psp out to use after not using it for a long time and there are some weird blotches on the screen
frown.gif
. Here's a picture

screenyb.jpg

I know 100% nothing has been spilled on it and that's just one corner (worst place), there are a few other odd spots on other parts of the screen. So I can only assume, condensation or something has got in there, dried and left the marks behind.

They're not on the faceplate as I've had it off and they are not on the surface of the screen either. So that leaves either the back of the lcd, the backlight or just a strange failure of the lcd
frown.gif

So just wondering before I dig a bit deeper and see if I can get what ever it is causing the, shadows I guess, cleaned off. Any one else had or seen something similar? if so how did you get it off, (was it on the backlight, back of the screen etc) or can just say it's a lcd failure of some kind and I'm wasting my time and need a new screen.

Also while on screens, £30 or so for a replacement, that the going rate of them or can you get them cheaper? as the 1000 and 3000 series seem to be much cheaper
frown.gif

Thanks.

B

ball2012003

Is there a screen protector on your psp because that just looks like air bubbles.

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, no protector, although now you mention it, they do look like bubbles. Possible for the backing of the lcd to start coming away from it? or would that just kill the screen.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have those at the exact same spot as you. I also have another one a little above too.

It was fine yesterday, got weird today when i started playing KH BBS.

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Giga_Gaia said:
I have those at the exact same spot as you. I also have another one a little above too.

It was fine yesterday, got weird today when i started playing KH BBS.

frown.gif

Mine also just appeared randomly
frown.gif
. Was fine when I put it away, and then full of them damn blotches when it came back out
frown.gif

DMC23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those spots are exactly what happened to my PSP a few months back. I hate to bring more bad news, but despite great care and cleaning, the number of spots grew over a 2 month period - I ended up ordering a replacement LCD from overseas (had to wait forever, but it was the cheapest option). Had the new LCD screen installed for about a month and so far, knock on wood
unsure.gif
, the new LCD has been spotless. So, I would advise the same if the spots grow too annoying ... it's 40 bucks well spent if you don't mind opening up the PSP.

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DMC23 said:
Those spots are exactly what happened to my PSP a few months back. I hate to bring more bad news, but despite great care and cleaning, the number of spots grew over a 2 month period - I ended up ordering a replacement LCD from overseas (had to wait forever, but it was the cheapest option). Had the new LCD screen installed for about a month and so far, knock on wood
unsure.gif
, the new LCD has been spotless. So, I would advise the same if the spots grow too annoying ... it's 40 bucks well spent if you don't mind opening up the PSP.

frown.gif

Won't bother trying to dig further into it then (was going to check the backlight etc), I'll just grab a new lcd for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/zt9KMvI-kQs?si=o7yb3GlzURRtZh0o