Web browers: Google Chrome approaching 30% market share worldwide

Recent reports indicate that Google Chrome now absorbs nearly 30% of the web browser market share worldwide (source). Its main competitors are Internet Explorer with a little over 52% all versions included, and Firefox with now less than 12%.

Capture.PNG

In fact, if you exclude Chinese web users (who are usually stuck with old pirated versions of Windows and awful IE-based browsers) the numbers are even more impressive:
1. Google Chrome: > 52%
2. Internet Explorer: > 15%
3. Firefox: > 15%
4. Safari: > 9%
(source)

Things have changed a lot over the past 10 years and it's impressive to realize how much Chrome has changed our browsing habits. What is your opinion on the subject? Do you use Google Chrome yourself? What is the best web browser?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I personally use Firefox, it works pretty well. I've gotten used to FF font rendering at some point, and trying to switch to Chrome makes the fonts look like ass. Also, I only have 4GB ram, and Chrome eats through that very quickly.

Reactions: Deleted User

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Google Chrome is fine, it's just really bloated (yeah yeah, I know it's bloated for a reason, but it's not a reason that makes it worth the bloat)
I prefer Firefox, mainly due to the addons I use, many of which don't have a Chrome equivalent.

Reactions: NicEXE

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
internet explorer the best web browser for downloading other web browsers!

i use chrome mostly... why? chromebook. on my other set-ups i use chrome 75% of the time. why? secure, fast & user friendly.

firefox is great but mozilla is kinda confused. they might add a feature and 6 weeks later remove it... or add a feature where no one will ever use.

opera is great. and all has, but is small fish in the big sea. if opera was backed by a big company it would be doing great too.

but saying all that. internet explorer has a security flaw....

which is terrible if you living in 1995.

Last edited by Flame,

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
internet explorer the best web browser for downloading other web browsers!

i use chrome mostly... why? chromebook. on my other set-ups i use chrome 75% of the time. why? secure, fast & user friendly.

firefox great but mozilla is kinda confused. they might add a feature and 6 weeks later remove it... or add a feature where no one will ever use.

opera is great. and all has, but is small fish in the big sea. if opera was backed by a big company it would be doing great too.

but saying all that. internet explorer has a security flaw....

which is terrible if you leaving in 1995.
Opera is just chromium with a skin
Also, leaving?
which is terrible if you leaving in 1995.

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
I give a fair chance to all major browsers systematically as newer versions come out.

My web browser of choice is Firefox since version 2.0 (I was using Netscape before).
What I like about Firefox the most is customization and compatibility.

• Opera is in overall just great but it is lacking some add-ons that I am using with Firefox
  • Google Chrome would be a great alternative if:
    1. Google wasn't randomly removing add-ons because they offer a service that goes against their services
    2. Google Chrome wasn't eating ALL THE RAM
    3. Google wasn't logging my browsing habits
  • Safari is great as well and has some cool extra features but again, it lacks many add-ons that I'd like to use
  • Internet Explorer isn't the most compatible web browser and is lacking many add-ons that I'd like to use
  • Edge is the only browser that I haven't thoroughly tested. I'll try and use it for some time when I'll be in Windows
  • links2 -g is my choice when it comes to a *nix OS without the need of a window system

D

Deleted User

I was expecting Chrome to have a larger portion than 30%.
I use Chrome on PC and Safari on my other devices (Apple) and occasionally Internet Explorer.
And VERY rarely Wii U browser. Never use anything else.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used to love firefox like 5 years ago. But then i started using chrome more and more, and then there was Chrome Plus which has simple everything i could possibly need.

Reactions: Attila13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill