We should have a separated homebrew section

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by memomo, May 6, 2016.

?

A separated section for homebrew

1. YES, PLEASE

37 vote(s)
    94.9%
  2. No, who's care about homebrew !!

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. memomo
    OP

memomo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 30, 2013
    Hi guys

I think it now the time for a separated homebrew section (just like the 3ds forum) for any homebrew related development other than Loadiine

Any this current section for kernel, iosu and general hack news and for loadiine,CFW and emuNAND etc.. if ever happened

2. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    I could totally go for a standalone homebrew section. The issue would be enforcing it - we all know that any devs will stick to the homebrew section, so all the other people would come over too. It's not impossible, it just requires being very careful with the rules and topics allowed on such a subforum.

memomo likes this.
  3. MajinCubyan

MajinCubyan The Funky Super Saiyan

Nov 24, 2014
    United States
    Orre
    But if you think about it, Loadiine is homebrew. I think that everything is in its right place as is. But that's just me.

ArturDat3DS likes this.
  4. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    It's a good idea. But it brings a lot more confusion with more topics. Granite maybe we could have some sub topics for things such as Homebrew, Mymenuify, and Multi Mod Manager but over all it may bring potential issues with future management.

For instance if I were new here, and went on Homebrew having no understanding of what any of the topics meant I would be confused about my mind trying to figure out where to post my topic on any of the subforums.

I find the current "hacking" forum of any system good the way it is. Wii, Wii U, 3DS, etc, since everyone can talk about any hack on there. (as long as it's legal.)

Last edited by petethepug, May 6, 2016
    MajinCubyan likes this.
  5. QuarkTheAwesome

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    The major issue I see is that threads that homebrew developers would find useful (Nikki's reverse engineering thread, for instance) get buried under the same 3 threads about how to use the exploits and some issue in Loadiine. Don't get me wrong, those threads can be useful and definitely have their place, but I think a separate section would be beneficial.

The issue is really going to be in rules and how everything is set up. We don't want to confuse people ;3

memomo and MajinCubyan like this.
  6. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    It all really varry's I guess. I normally just find potential bugs/issues with Wii modifications on Google, and research for solutions. But I guess subforums may help some users who are less dedicated to research, and want to find the main "how to" guide.

Last edited by petethepug, May 6, 2016
  7. MajinCubyan

MajinCubyan The Funky Super Saiyan

Nov 24, 2014
    United States
    Orre
    Fur sure, that is one of the things that kills me about the 3ds homebrew forum. Having to go through 3 pages just to find what I'm looking for. Sadly, people, particularly newer members, rarely read the rules or even the notices on the top of the pages. But I'm all for anything that might help the forum. :D

8. memomo
    OP

memomo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 30, 2013
    Yeah, this is exactly what I meant

It's kinda annoying to see tons of threads for how to set up server,exploit,loadiine etc

9. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    I do think we should have a separate section for homebrew and exploits, just like there is for the 3DS.

We need some kind of 'hub' where the focus is homebrew. It's be great if we get some more emulators, the only one of note right now is GBiine.

memomo likes this.
  10. memomo
    OP

memomo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 30, 2013
    There is a nes emulator too

But you didn't see it because there are tons of loadiine related topics

11. Kliffcom

Kliffcom GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2014
    Gambia, The
    memomo likes this.
  12. brienj

brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    That's exactly like I was thinking, have a complete section, just for Loadiine, or Loadiine type apps. It's pretty disheartening to any homebrew developers, when they post something, then within a couple hours, the thread is on page 5, because page 1 - 4 are about people who can't run a game on Loadiine ...

The problem is that it probably wouldn't do any good, and stuff would get buried any way.

13. QuarkTheAwesome

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    Don't forget the chip 8 emulator! It's actually made pretty darn well. Oh, and the infinitely better version of the NES emu. All buried within days.

brienj and memomo like this.
  14. memomo
    OP

memomo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 30, 2013