Hardware WD Elements or WD My Passport?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i've been using a 160 GB WD My Passport for the USBLoader for a while now but i recently bought a a 320GB Elements one cause it was cheap and i needed another harddrive for my PC usage. Just wondering which one is better, cause the Passport was and still is alot more expensive then the elements one i bought, so i dont want to format this new drive to work with wii only to find it doesnt run games as good or crashes or something, i'd rather leave it "new" if im just gonna keep it for PC. Don't worry about the extra GB btw, i still have 40GB free on Passport and its been like that for a while, i just want the one with the better compatibility.

samuelson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
me and all my friends wii's i have updated all use the 320gb western digital elements, and all work perfectlt with zero problems.

Wilson735

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a 500GB WD Elements as my main drive, and I also use 320GB WD My Passport, all refurbished with 6-month warranty from a seller on eBay for about $60 each. Out of the >20 that I've bought for my customers, only one went bad. I filed an RMA and WD sent me a brand-new 400GB drive to replace it.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i just tried cloning the games on my passport drive to the elements one via WBFS Manager 3.0.1 and it got all the way to the end then gave me an error message. anyone know what happened? I successfully formatted the elements drive to WBFS format before cloning.

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The passports the one with out the a/c adapter right? I think if you're going to use a USB hdd, then go with one powered by USB only. Much easier if you ever travel with your Wii.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
both are USB powered, and about the same size (the elements is like 2mm thicker). i just dont understant why it didnt let me clone, i wasted about an hour and a half, it stopped when the friggin thing hit 99%. havent tried again yet.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
misticknight said:
Hi, i've been using a 160 GB WD My Passport for the USBLoader for a while now but i recently bought a a 320GB Elements one cause it was cheap and i needed another harddrive for my PC usage. Just wondering which one is better, cause the Passport was and still is alot more expensive then the elements one i bought, so i dont want to format this new drive to work with wii only to find it doesnt run games as good or crashes or something, i'd rather leave it "new" if im just gonna keep it for PC. Don't worry about the extra GB btw, i still have 40GB free on Passport and its been like that for a while, i just want the one with the better compatibility.

I think I have the same one you have. its a 2.5" right? it works beautifully for me. The only problem that I had with it, is if you use Media Player homebrew for it, and pause a video for 10+ minuts and resume, it will crash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: alright alright.. Sheesh. brb +1