WD Elements 640gb Freezing issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Chewy, May 8, 2010.

May 8, 2010
  1. Chewy
    OP

Newcomer Chewy Newbie

United States
    Hello,
    I am having some issues with running games off of my WD Elements 640GB WDBAAR6400ABK-NESN(It’s a WD Scorpio Blue inside). Every once in a while the blue disc tray light on the wii lights up and the game I am playing “pauses” in some way. Usually the music pauses for a second or two, or there is some sort of musical distortion for this period. In some games actual gameplay freezes for a short time. However some games such as Red Steel 2 are unplayable because of a “Reading Disc” screen every few moments. It would seem as if the wii is attempting to read off of a physical disk for these moments, however I can’t be sure that this is actually what is occurring.

I am using USB Loader GX mainly, however in attempting to solve the issue I have tried uloader, and configurable loader with no change. The hard drive is currently formatted as FAT32, however I have also tried NTSC and WBFS with no change. I have tried IOS 222,223,and 249 with no change. I have also run the WDIDLE3 utility on the harddrive to disable the parking of the head, with no improvement.

If anyone has any more ideas for what I can try to solve this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You.

2. Apollo213

Newcomer Apollo213 Newbie

Canada
    I'm about to purchase the exact same hard drive and I'm hoping this problem isn't a persistent one that will hit me.

Have you resolved this issue?

Has anyone else had this issue?

I've seen another post from someone that they've had no problems with this drive, so I'm curious if this is just a one-off.

Thanks much!

3. petspeed

Member petspeed GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    You are asking a guy that has only 1 post on the forums that he wrote 1½ years ago. What do you think the odds are that he is actually still around to read your question?