Hacking WBFSSync

Omega Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My pleasure hackotedelaplaque

I'm still concentrating on my tests and WBFS3, but someone on another forum found a critical bug in the formatting routines. And i released with some pending fixes, not all unfortunately...

2.0.08's Big changelog:

-Added Export covers to folder function

-Added Naming of Network-Mapped Drives

-Added Spanish language

-Changed Configuration menu to something more organized

-Fixed some typos in the Language files

-Fixed layout problem where "This folder is empty" message was over the configuration menu

-Fixed more minor layout problems...

-Fixed 'send to...' crashing when used with multiple files

-Fixed bug where Configuration Panel was forced to close when an operation ended

-Fixed error in Drive Format where the resultant size was smaller than it could be

-Fixed problem where the repeated Scrub files were not skipped when adding to a WBFS partition

-Update the Language files, see "Language-pack-base 2.0.08.txt"
*added language variable 177

Omega Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
One more question to the experts, how should i treat the region data?

Code:
0x4E000ÂÂÂÂ4 ÂÂÂÂRegion byte ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0 = JAP, 1 = USA, 2 = EUR, 4 = KOR
0x4E010 ÂÂÂÂ1 ÂÂÂÂRegion JAP byte ÂÂÂÂSet to zero if 'Region byte' is set to 0
0x4E011 ÂÂÂÂ1 ÂÂÂÂRegion USA byte ÂÂÂÂSet to zero if 'Region byte' is set to 1
0x4E014 ÂÂÂÂ1 ÂÂÂÂRegion EUR byte ÂÂÂÂSet to zero if 'Region byte' is set to 2

I was only using the Region Byte (or rather... int), and as you can see, some games had misinterpreted regions. In all my discs JAP USA and EUR bytes have non-zero values oscilating from 0x03 to 0x80...

pccfatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omega Frost said:
One more question to the experts, how should i treat the region data?

Code:
0x4E000ÂÂÂÂ4 ÂÂÂÂRegion byte ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0 = JAP, 1 = USA, 2 = EUR, 4 = KOR
0x4E010 ÂÂÂÂ1 ÂÂÂÂRegion JAP byte ÂÂÂÂSet to zero if 'Region byte' is set to 0
0x4E011 ÂÂÂÂ1 ÂÂÂÂRegion USA byte ÂÂÂÂSet to zero if 'Region byte' is set to 1
0x4E014 ÂÂÂÂ1 ÂÂÂÂRegion EUR byte ÂÂÂÂSet to zero if 'Region byte' is set to 2

I was only using the Region Byte (or rather... int), and as you can see, some games had misinterpreted regions. In all my discs JAP USA and EUR bytes have non-zero values oscilating from 0x03 to 0x80...

I was considering using the region byte myself in my program, however I found that converting the 4th byte of the internal GameID gave me a more diverse region output. I use vb.net but you can make out the relevant part
smile.gif

CODEÂÂÂÂ'Function to convert region letter to readable text
ÂÂÂÂPrivate Function Get_Region(ByRef gmRegion As String)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂSelect Case LCase(gmRegion)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCase "a"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂgmRegion = "Region Free"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCase "c"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂgmRegion = "Custom"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCase "d"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂgmRegion = "PAL-German"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCase "e"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂgmRegion = "NTSC/U"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCase "f"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂgmRegion = "PAL-French"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCase "j"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂgmRegion = "JAP"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCase "k"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂgmRegion = "KOR"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCase "l"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂgmRegion = "PAL-WORLD"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCase "p"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂgmRegion = "PAL"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCase "q"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂgmRegion = "KOR-Japanese"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCase "t"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂgmRegion = "KOR-English"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCase "x"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂgmRegion = "PAL-Other"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCase Else
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂgmRegion = "Other"
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂEnd Select
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂReturn True
ÂÂÂÂEnd Function

Hope it helps

Omega Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@pccfatman

Uow, i din't know all of this region characters, thank you
smile.gif

One of the first builds of WBFSSync used the gameid as region source but i abandoned the ideia because recoded and region-changed games could display incorrect data.

Omega Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Development Goind Well

It's quite slow but i finished a few features of the new version:

-Organized disc build routines to allow better understanding and error catch.
-Implemented a complete API to allow me or anyone to create format plugins for WBFSSync with custom icon, multifile and password support.
-Implemented Indexing and Cache system to speed up browsing by storing basic values and only updating the data if the file is modified.

As for the now-working:

-Began a WFP version of the program, which allows hardware acceleration for rendering and uses more of the Windows API for graphics so the Skins does not have a bunch o PNG files anymore, just a configuration file.

Since almost all of the code for the rest of the program is already done in 2.x i just need to finish the GUI and the Operation Manager that quite... sucks... in 2.x

Omega Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hackotedelaplaque said:
Glad to see WBFSSync is still alive !!
For the GUI, it's still the best Manager IMHO.

Will you add Iso and sparse files support ?

Searching the web i found a excelent code sample about sparse files, so, yes.

Maisto

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to add the funktion to export the covers view (with info) to a word file or other så we get the nice look, to an game list file?

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
It seems i've noticed something weird.

I'm transfering games from one disk to another...so i syncscrubbed all the games in it for another fat32 disk.

Weirdest thing, some games DL like SSBB that usually in ciso have the size +- 7Gb in syncscrubb had only +-4Gb.

Is syncscrubb compression more efective than ciso?

Do i have to do it all again?
frown.gif

Omega Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maisto said:
Is it possible to add the funktion to export the covers view (with info) to a word file or other så we get the nice look, to an game list file?

I'll see if the there is any native code to allow me to do it without too much work

icpmattj said:
I'm trying to change the LANG to english but its not working.

What exactly am i doing wrong?

have you set the languague to En-Us.inf in the Wbfssync tab in configurations panel and restarted the application?

QUOTE(Pakatus @ Jan 5 2010, 11:27 AM)

I'm transfering games from one disk to another...so i syncscrubbed all the games in it for another fat32 disk.

Weirdest thing, some games DL like SSBB that usually in ciso have the size +- 7Gb in syncscrubb had only +-4Gb.

frown.gif

Oh crap... isn't supposed to be... i only tested the syncscrub with Metroid Trilogy, there must be and error somewhere, i doubt any Single Layer game has been damaged...

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, any idea why 5 of my 7 network drives aren't showing up? No biggie as one of the two that are visible has most of my images on it, just curious. Also, is it possible to implement a back command? I use the back button on my mouse to quickly navigate in explorer, it would be nice if I could use it in your program too. One last thing, any chance of supporting compressed files, namely zip, 7zip, and rar?

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Omega Frost said:
Pakatus said:

frown.gif

Oh crap... isn't supposed to be... i only tested the syncscrub with Metroid Trilogy, there must be and error somewhere, i doubt any Single Layer game has been damaged...

I can confirm that.
Every double layer game has been "broken" in the wbfsSync compression.
Had to do it in iso style.

Another request.
If possible, use wiitdb to retrieve covers...seems its trying wiiboxart, but since it's down...it cant get no covers.

phiillh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have Super Smash Brothers Brawl saved as syncscrub and it is 6.93GB and Metriod Prime Trilogy is 7.39GB so it seems to be ok for me, when I get chance i'll put them onto my WBFS drive and check they still work.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
phiillh said:
I have Super Smash Brothers Brawl saved as syncscrub and it is 6.93GB and Metriod Prime Trilogy is 7.39GB so it seems to be ok for me, when I get chance i'll put them onto my WBFS drive and check they still work.

Latest build of WBFSSync?

Omega Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@DGenerateKane

During the development i found some problems with network drives: They can only be used by the users who created them, in other words, my program must run as administrator, so only network drives with administrative privileges can be accessed.

If everything goes ok i'll release a new version which includes an API to implement any kind of format without major changed on the application, but, as you know compressed formats might use algorithms beyond my understanding.

@Pakatus

Strange, i moved to wiitdb on version 2.0.05 or 06... please, take a look at the version of the program files, Wbfssync.exe should be at 2.0.08.0 and WiiBackupFileSystem.dll 2.2.0.0 perhaps the update program is buggy...

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Omega Frost said:
@DGenerateKane

During the development i found some problems with network drives: They can only be used by the users who created them, in other words, my program must run as administrator, so only network drives with administrative privileges can be accessed.

If everything goes ok i'll release a new version which includes an API to implement any kind of format without major changed on the application, but, as you know compressed formats might use algorithms beyond my understanding.

@Pakatus

Strange, i moved to wiitdb on version 2.0.05 or 06... please, take a look at the version of the program files, Wbfssync.exe should be at 2.0.08.0 and WiiBackupFileSystem.dll 2.2.0.0 perhaps the update program is buggy...

Will do when im home.
Thank you Omega

PS: Any plans on CISO support? Many "suppliers" use this format...
Would be sweet to see it as native ( i know that is already supported in console)

Omega Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Pakatus

As i said, when i created the program i focused the entire UI on iso and syncscrub formats, now, for the new engine, i developed and entire API to allow not only me, but any interested developer to quickly add a specific format to WbfsSync. The 2 formats currently implemented on the new engine (besides standard ISO) are Syncscrub and CIso.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Only if you send him feet