Wbfs

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by air2004, Sep 22, 2011.

Sep 22, 2011

Wbfs by air2004 at 10:18 PM (644 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. air2004
    OP

Member air2004 Air

United States
    I just got a new 3tb internal drive , so right now I'm copying all my files from my 1tb external to the 3tb .
    Then when I'm done , I wanna copy all my games from the 500gb external that I'm using for my wii and put them on the 1tb external and use that for wii .

What I would like to know is , should there be anything to know lol before doing this ?
    for example will the wii be able to read the 1tb drive and so forth ?

2. air2004
    OP

Member air2004 Air

United States
    Anyone , anyone ?

3. RussiaSushi

Newcomer RussiaSushi Member

United States
    Well, if you're going to make your 1TB external drive WBFS, you should partition it, like Fat32+WBFS or NTFS+WBFS. I recommend the latter, and that's also what I use. Also VERY improtant, is that you make the WBFS drive "active". If you don't, you have to format the drive and transfer the games all over again. [​IMG] Other than that, you should be good to go. Also, use Wii Backup Manager for transferring your games.

4. air2004
    OP

Member air2004 Air

United States
    Thanks for the help ...... Its been along time since I hadda do this .

5. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Personally what I do is have a NTFS drive with a wbfs folder with all the games inside. No problems so far.

6. RussiaSushi

Newcomer RussiaSushi Member

United States
    I'm actually about to switch my WBFS drive to Fat32. But that WBFS2Fat32 program doesn't work for me, even after I used wwt. So I have to transfer all 36 of my games to my PC's hard drive. [​IMG] But use whatever File System you like. WBFS is still good (It doesn't fragment!). I'm just switching to Fat32 because it'll be easier to handle (and for UNEEK [​IMG]).