OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i'd like to add an iso to my hdd.

i heared that the lastet usbloader keeps the update partition working.
what about pc tools. do they screw the update partition?

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They add the ISO like it is I think. When the ISO, that you have, has a UpdatePartition, he will transfer it too. But I´m not sure about that.

I ripped SuperSmashBrosBrawl and tried to start a VC-Demo, that is in the Game, the Wii reboots, but doesn´t start the Game. I watched at the ISO with WiiScrubber, I had a lot of errors(?), and then it showed me the partitions, the VC-Demos were there. I think it is a bug in the loader?

/edit the error says "io_seek". Whats the problem?

Elfish

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i tried wbfs manager 2.2.2 seems like it rips the update partition.
so all updates are lost
frown.gif

dumping through the loader v1.5 works fine tho.
the update partition is still there!

AlexDP

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To clarify, wbfs_win.exe and most GUIs including mine (as well as previous versions of USBLoader) only copy the game partition. I'm not quite sure why you'd want the update partition, but this might be an option in WBFS Manager 3.0.

Chrnosclock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've posted an Issue on the original codeplex site. If you can add some additional information, do so!
EDIT: f*ck, the author of WBFS Manager already replied... I should refresh next time before I post... -.-

Elfish

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
AlexDP said:
To clarify, wbfs_win.exe and most GUIs including mine (as well as previous versions of USBLoader) only copy the game partition. I'm not quite sure why you'd want the update partition, but this might be an option in WBFS Manager 3.0.

which gui/wbfs_win.exe keeps the other partitions?

i basicly want the other partitions to have a full backup of the dvd on my hdd... just in case it's needed in future...

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why does the Loader saves the Channels and VC-Demos too? I tested to install MarioKartChannel trought harddrive, Wii reboots and nothing happen. With VC-Demos of SSBB too. I think I will dump my Games with 1.1 to have this crap away of the ISO.

BTW, Why gives me WiiScrubber a error, when I´m trying to open SSBB ISO? He says "io_seek", when I hold Return some time, it shows me the partitions, whats the problem?

Elfish

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
boy2048 said:
Why does the Loader saves the Channels and VC-Demos too? I tested to install MarioKartChannel trought harddrive, Wii reboots and nothing happen. With VC-Demos of SSBB too. I think I will dump my Games with 1.1 to have this crap away of the ISO.

BTW, Why gives me WiiScrubber a error, when I´m trying to open SSBB ISO? He says "io_seek", when I hold Return some time, it shows me the partitions, whats the problem?

what version of usbloader did u use to dump SSBB?

I'm still looking for a pc tool that keeps all partitions :/

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I second this "weird" request.
currently I am keeping 3 copies of my games.
1- the original
2- the ripped (and scrubbed) iso
3- the wbfs ripped version.

why ?
1- because I own it.
2- because I like to have a safe (as close to 1:1) version. and re-ripping is WAAAAAYYYY to long
3- because I am a lazy bum and I love being able to switch games without manipulating any dvd

I have not yet tried ripping with version 1.5 so I can't tell for sure about the speed issues.
but having a pc wbfs that does it would make my life so much easier.. one big batch file and I am done
wink.gif

anyway this is only my 2 cents.
R.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)