WBFS partition not found/games deleted

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Leifio, Aug 29, 2010.

Aug 29, 2010
  1. Leifio
    OP

Newcomer Leifio Member

United States
    Hi, i use USB loader gx and had 47 games on my wbfs formatted hard drive 300gb, i tried to load metroid other M with ios 222 instead of 249 to make it not freeze. when it started, a black screen. then i turned off the wii and restarted to find that usb loader gx couldnt find a wbfs partition but when i selected it, it showed 0 games... how can i recover them? i tried putting it in the other wii but usb loader gx still couldnt find the wbfs partition, nor my computer (wbfs manager) the wbfs partition is still there(i think) but the games are gone. thanks in advance.

2. ?EYEHATE?

Banned ?EYEHATE? Banned

United States
    i find gx to be buggy with 222, 223 however works like a charm (hermes v4 223)

3. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    I find GX to be buggy in EVERYTHING, I can't even get it to boot on my HDD. Use Configurable USB Loader or maybe Wiiflow.
    Also, WHY are you using WBFS? You should be using FAT32 or NTFS.

4. Leifio
    OP

Newcomer Leifio Member

United States
    wait-- its possible to get a really good usb loader with NO wbfs BS??? also, is it still possible to recover my 47 games..? does data recovery partition work with this wbfs?

5. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    there was a topic somewhere... you had to do something like hex edit the MBR of the wbfs partition or some bullshit... search "recover wbfs partition" here. I have heard it works quite well.

And yes, Configurable USB Loader works quite well with a FAT32 partition. Just use Herme's cIOS 222/223 rev4, NOT rev5. I forget what base you need them as. 222 base 38 I think, and 223 base something else (just for more compatibility).

--(FYI I use CFG USB Loader w/ FAT32 so I do know where I am comin from lol)