TriggerOfHel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, thanks for reading.

I softmodded my Wii for USB loading. At first, I used USB Loader GX, but I've recently switched to Configurable USB Loader because I heard it was compatible with more games and I've been having trouble running Brawl from my USB drive. I've tried a rip from my own disc, and a rip from a friends disc, but regardless of what I do to the backup or what loader I use, I can't seem to get it to work.

I've tried scrubbing the disc image, running with IOS222/223, and all sorts of stuff. Most recently, when I run it on Configurable USB Loader, it shows up in my list of games but it gives me an error ("wbfs panic: malloc fst") when I try and access it at all. I was wondering if this is a common problem or if I'm just doing something stupid. I've been able to run big games before -- Sakura Wars and Metroid Prime Trilogy, namely -- so I'm pretty fed up with trying to get this to work.

Again, thanks. Any help is appreciated.

requiem_mortis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ran into problem with USB Loader GX for wbfs files larger in size than 4Gb on an NTFS partion recently and was given some help

do these links help at all

My Post

and the response by 'petspeed' Response

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rip it again, but when doing so, you have to remove the non game partitions.

Had same issue.

Or else, move to PC, then copy using a tool to remove the non game partitons.

TriggerOfHel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C.S.I. said:

Had same issue.

I'm not quite sure what you mean... I understand what you mean by removing partitions, as I can do that with WiiScrubber... but I've never done it, so I'm not exactly sure as to which ones I should be removing and which ones I should keep. :S

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
C.S.I. said:

Had same issue.

The problem is caused because the rippers aren't copying all the partitions, but because they think they are then they don't fix the partition table.
I did a fix for wbfs_file, so you could convert an iso to wbfs file. I'm pretty sure I posted it on the cfg thread but I don't think it got picked up.

Ripping just the game partition from the original using a loader is probably the quickest/easiest way to make it work though, it will be an option in the loader.

TriggerOfHel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright! It's solved!

I did what I assumed you meant, and opened up my ripped ISO using WiiScrubber and removed the update and all the Virtual Console partitions, and now it's working! I thought it was broken for a bit, but it was just taking a bit to load for the first time. Thanks for all the help everyone.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good Stuff. I dont know why it works, most probably as smf stated.

Just know that leaving only the Game partition worked for me using CFG loader.

Now, when I transfer/rip any game to my USB drive, i always remove all partitons except the game itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...