WBFS Manager help

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Robfozz, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Robfozz
    OP

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    I know ive been posting alot of help threads lately but this is the last issue I need to resolve.
    I downloaded the latest WBFS manager and installed it. Im trying to format my flash drive to WBFS. So I click what drive it is (D: ) and press format. It sais "An error occurred when attempting to format the drive."

How do I fix this.

2. Robfozz
    OP

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    If I end up not being able to format through WBFS manager, is there an alternative?

3. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    WBFS Manager always gave me issues, use Wii Backup Manager instead. In addition, you'd probably want to use FAT32, not WBFS - WBFS is outdated, prone to fragmentation issues and generally limited (can't store media, homebrew, GC content etc.).

4. Robfozz
    OP

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    Oh so USB loaders will still read the ISO on FAT32? My USB already is FAT32 I just assumed it had to be WBFS for some reason

5. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 23, 2013
    create a folder named WBFS on your fat32 partion and then convert the games to wbfs format (obviously then add them to that folder on the root of your hard drive) ps use the search bar on at the top right and find the threads that already exist in the correct places with full details

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    You don't need to create any folders or convert anything by hand - just mount the drive on Wii Backup Manager and transfer ISO's to it, the program will do everything else for you automatically.

7. Robfozz
    OP

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    Sorry, Im an idiot lol, what exactly do I do? I chose my USB in the Drive 1 section and then selected my ISO in the Files section. What next? I suppose I choose an option under transfer but there quite a few choices.

8. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Transfer to Drive 1, obviously. :P

9. Robfozz
    OP

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    Its working now! Thanks for putting up with my bullshit XD

10. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    You haven't needed WBFS format since like 2010.