Hacking WBFS Manager 2.2

• Thread starter Aimen
  • Start date
  • Views 17,154
  • Replies 46
A

Aimen

OP
AlexDP has updated his popular WBFS application for Windows.

WBFS Manager 2.2

QUOTE said:
Changes (2.2.2)
-Improved multilingual support (can now add more languages by dropping "language packs" into the application's directory).
-Added Dutch support.

Fixes (2.2.1)
-Fixed the libwbfs delete bug.
-Added functionality to help debug the "crash on startup" situations, namely what tommyv and kruy are facing.
-Added Spanish language support, coutesy of dgtor.

Changes (2.2.1)
-Automatic cover downloading (You will be prompted the first time you run the program if you want to enable or disable this. You can also change this setting later from the Edit->Download Covers from Web menu). Please be a bit patient, it takes a couple of seconds to download as the site is somewhat slow. While it's downloading you'll see a placeholder image which will be automatically updated once the download is complete.
-Region code information
-Changed default location for covers to My Documents\WBFS Manager Covers for better UAC compliance.

Fixes (2.2)
-Kept error messages from appearing when adding multiple files. If an error occurs, the entry will be marked with a red error symbol in the Games to Add list and a tooltip with the error message will appear if you hover the mouse over the icon.

Changes (2.2)
-Added multilingual support (currently only French, courtesy of TheCrach), contact me if you'd like to add support for your language.
-Added Hombrew Channel creation (not completely tested).
-Added Cover support. Hover mouse over an entry to see the cover.
-Now defaults the selected drive in the drive combo box to the last used drive.
-Item counts for both lists.
-Added Check for Updates to Help menu. Currently only links to WBFS Manager blog which will list updates. Plan to implement proper updater later to help everyone keep up to date.

Download:

x86

x64

Homesite:
http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/

FvKey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I just tested it and works fine
wink.gif
. Thanks.

So, if I always add games from pc and never from the usb loader, I won't to have corrupted games, right?
I mean with the new WBFS Manager 2.2.1.

Because I dont want to change the usb loader that I have yet to adn 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, or whatever.

Thanks!

AlexDP

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd be grateful if you didnt post a link to a zipped up version without the installer. The reason I have the installer is to help people avoid confusion over not having .NET FW 3.5 SP1. Please send this link privately if you plan on doing so.
Thanks.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's my question.....I have a number of games that are corrupt from the old bug. My wife and I have been extracting the working games from the HD to reinstall and intended on reformatting and reinstalling everything before the WBFS corruption fix was released. So my question is, do we still need to reformat the drive and reinstall all the games from scratch, or can we safely delete just the corrupt games with WBFSM2.2 and reinstall those only without messing up the working games? I dont really savor waiting 2 hours to reinstall everything, so if I can get away with just deleting the corrupt games, that would be great.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tripellex said:
So here's my question.....I have a number of games that are corrupt from the old bug. My wife and I have been extracting the working games from the HD to reinstall and intended on reformatting and reinstalling everything before the WBFS corruption fix was released. So my question is, do we still need to reformat the drive and reinstall all the games from scratch, or can we safely delete just the corrupt games with WBFSM2.2 and reinstall those only without messing up the working games? I dont really savor waiting 2 hours to reinstall everything, so if I can get away with just deleting the corrupt games, that would be great.

you'll have a little bit of unusable space, because 1 block was leaked for each game you deleted, so the choice is yours.

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I shouldn't be worried about corrupting the existing good games by just deleting the corrupt games? That was my concern, as I didn't know if the bug was in the code that was used to format the drive to WBFS in the first place, therefore inherent in the filesystem itself, or it was a bug was simply in the code used for deleting games from the drive.

My dilemna is this: I deleted all the original source ISOs from my PC. Even though I've backed up the good games, the way they extracted was peculiar, never getting above 49.80% in wbfs_win.exe, so I have no real way of knowing if they extracted properly from the drive or not. So, I can A) Take a gamble, reformat the drive and hope the ISOs extracted properly when I go to reinstall them, or B) Delete just the bad games, and hope since I formatted the drive with the bugged wbfs.exe that no more games will be corrupted, even with the new bug-fixed WBFS Manager.

Thanks so much for the quick reply last time Troy.

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply again Troy, I feel a bit more at ease.

Alex, have you considered adding some sort of CRC or MD5 hash checking to your manager for both the left and right view panes? It'd be excellent to know if a game is corrupt even before we install it, or verify existing USB drive images for any possible future corruption.

AlexDP

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tripellex said:
Thanks for the quick reply again Troy, I feel a bit more at ease.

Alex, have you considered adding some sort of CRC or MD5 hash checking to your manager for both the left and right view panes? It'd be excellent to know if a game is corrupt even before we install it, or verify existing USB drive images for any possible future corruption.

Yes, I am considering that... although theres a bit of an ambiguity regarding what part of the file should be check as well as where to get the correct MD5 or SHA1 values. Looking into it.

QUOTE(GrizzlyBC @ Apr 13 2009, 11:26 AM) I don't know why but I see this when I try to use it. Any clue what is wrong?

wbfs.jpg

Are you running this inside a virtual machine or something? Can you give the complete specs (hardware and OS and 32-bit/64-bit) on your system and whether or not you installed .NET FW 3.5 SP1 using the WBFS Manager setup or if you did it manually.
Thanks.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
i keep getting

error occured while opening drive . make sure the drive is not in use or
open and that it has been formatted to WBFS format

now it does show my WBFS drive , but im getting this error ?

yes i installed everything ! surely i dont need to format my drive again , i already have a load of games installed ?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
When I try to format my drive with WBFS Manager 2.2.2 it just doesn't do anything. I downloaded the 64bit version for my Vista 64bit.
I have tried running it in compatibility mode and as Administrator, no difference.

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
When I try to format my drive with WBFS Manager 2.2.2 it just doesn't do anything. I downloaded the 64bit version for my Vista 64bit.
I have tried running it in compatibility mode and as Administrator, no difference.

I have the same problem. Vista 64. It tells me that an error occurred when trying to format the drive.

OK, I ran as admin and got the drive to format. I added a few games from .iso files and that transfered successfully.
I can't see the drive on my wii. It's a Seagate FreeAgent Pro. I've tried everything, unplugging it at different times. Just can't get it to recognize.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination