Hacking WBFS file manager that optimizes disk space?

laserbeak43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Is there a WBFS management system that optimizes disk space? the one i'm using now, WBFS manager, deletes things but in some cases, doesn't actually remove the deleted files. I mean, the files are gone, but there is no more free space. so there's some fragmentation, or deleted files still allocating space.

Anything out there that works better than this? I'm losing gigs.

Thanks
Laser

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sadly to say but none of the wbfs manager does what you wanted to do. In fact people is starting to move away from wbfs.

Here is my advice,

1. Backup all the games in wbfs.
2. Format it to FAT32 or NTFS.
3. Use WiiBackupManager, convert the game into .wbfs.
4. Create a folder named "wbfs" in your usb.
5. Put all those .wbfs in the folder.
6. Download Auslogic Disc Defrag, defrag and optimize your usb. (Expect it to take 4 to 5 hours).

rafao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For me the FAT32 is more fast than WBFS.
And i use cIOS 222 version of WiiFlow actually, all of my games i use the Wii Backup Manager to transfer files.

If you have issues to formating do FAT32, use the Wii Game Manager to format your disk, this is make perfectly okay in All Cases (Smaller Flash Drives to Bigger HDD Drives)

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
"wwt check" and "wwt repair" are able to detect allocation errors and to repair them. Defragmentation of WBFS drives is not really needed because of the very large blocks (>=2 MiB) and very few blocks (

laserbeak43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiimm said:
"wwt check" and "wwt repair" are able to detect allocation errors and to repair them. Defragmentation of WBFS drives is not really needed because of the very large blocks (>=2 MiB) and very few blocks (

laserbeak43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok,
i got that qt gui for wit. but i don't see the command to allow me to browse a wbfs partition or let me check for errors etc. when i click file>open i go to the HD but it won't open

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really...